Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

2013 Moc Madness Tournament Announcement: Alphabet Fighters!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: 2013 Moc Madness Tournament Announcement: Alphabet Fight

Postby masterkaden » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Frank Stein enjoyed baseball and hiking on the planet of Novodo. One fateful day on a wilderness hike he walked into the crossfire battle of two crashed pilots. It was believed they all died in the battle, until well . . . They were found by a lunatic scientist (the same scientist who eventually created Grevious) who gave Frank the brain of one of the dead fighter pilots and brought Frank back to life. He now excels in all aspects of ship design and piloting, especially putting ships together from lets say, dead ships (body parts). All the ships he builds and pilots are brought to life and powered by fusion core electrical lightning rods. Because Frank is self-conscious, he prefers to cover his head scars by wearing a cap.

Frank by dolphnro, on Flickr
Last edited by masterkaden on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
masterkaden

Postby Si-Mocs » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Zoid the Bounty Hunter.

*SCUTTLE*
Si-Mocs

Postby A.K.Karta » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Solo wrote:As long as you don't plan to swap those torsos when you have him pilot I'll allow it, but I want to avoid superfluous elements in the pilot shots because when I crop and shrink them down for the brackets they'll be harder to identify. Plus I thought it might be a droid at first, which would be a no go.

Keep this in mind:
as I previously wrote:weapons/accessories can be stored while piloting. Also hair and headgear can be swapped for helmets as needed. They can't change clothes each round though, it has to be the same figure throughout the contest.

Ok, i Get it..i'll use only my fig and helmet without armor and torso, thx for telling me..
A.K.Karta

Postby dWhisper » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:03 pm

The Rebel Alliance was known for its great heroes, it's valiant pilots, and dedicated volunteers, willing to die for a cause. Garret Velasria is none of those things. An Imperial Academy washout from Naboo, he was left the academy and fell straight into a bottle of booze. His imperial file listed reason for discharge as "incredibly talented pilot, but not fit to work shining shoes for an outer-rim's Moff's aide."

Frequently drunk, rarely coherent, and usually unreliable, he tried his hand as a smuggler (one who frequently dipped into the stuff he was smuggling to entertain himself on a long trip), a mechanic (accidentally put an empty wine bottle instead of a hyperspace regulator in a senator's personal ship), a mercenary (was so drunk when he was taking the enrollment test that he blew off a droid's arm), a cook (quite popular as a cook, but his tenure saw an 8000% increase in reports of drunk and disorderly complaints from the embassy), and eventually, a transport pilot.

He managed to keep the job for almost two years with only a few reprimands for his behavior and lack of general social decorum before screwing up massively and accidentally piloting the transport of a minor Brentaal house to Dantooine instead of Corellia (all numbers look the same through one bloodshot eye), and smack dab into a Rebel skirmish.

Against all odds, he managed to steer his transport through the battle without so much as scuffing the paint (though more than a few of his passengers got a bit space sick), despite piloting what one rebel pilot described as a "bantha with too large a butt and engines." After the Rebels wiped out their attackers, he was faced with a choice... join the rebels or most likely not survive the rest of the trip with the Brentaal passengers.

He's a very capable pilot, able to fly anything with a stick and a targeting computer, and can more than hold his own in a skirmish. He's also gotten used to being locked in a closet for a day before a mission with no access to his favorite drinks. To date, his squadron-mates have confiscated thirty-four flasks of various substances, but he's actually managed to endear himself to them by saving everyone on more than one occasion (and paying for the celebration afterwards).
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby darth_fett » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 am

Gleadork is the greatest mechanic in the galaxy (in his own mind). Truthfully he's just as likely to break it permanently as skillfully create a masterpiece. He uses equal parts of hammers and hydrospanners as axes and snorgdits (a rocklike creature that eats everything but never needs to poop, seemingly.

CAM00638-1757476209 by edanlong, on Flickr

My photo equipment has been reduced to my camera phone and an LED flashlight w/ a toilet paper diffuser so i apologize for the lighting conditions. This was the best white balance even if he is a *little* off center from the frame. Hope this passes inspection.
darth_fett

Postby lego-runner » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Holt Hautvvyer by Legolord7738, on Flickr

After being abandoned at a young age Holt Hautvvyer moved into the local orphanage. This became his home for what he thought would be his young life. Since he was a young boy being surrounded by friends was not a bad life. Sadly Holt has not live a happy existence. After five years as a resident the orphanage burned to ground. Holt survived almost unscathed (save for a severe burn on his right side.) Life continued on for Holt pretty uneventfully, but he had to live with the title "troubled child" for the rest of his young life. After escaping the orphanages (no one wanted to adopt a "trouble child" with a severe burn) he tried being a mechanic. He was fired because besides his great electrical work he was useless. As his boss put it "not worth the cost." Now a days he is a successful smuggler and not a bad pilot but his real skill his escaping. He has been know to "jump ship" as they say if he is in trouble, flying away in the first ship he can hot wire (and fits his needs as cool looking ship.)
lego-runner

Postby murphquake » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Zippity Aviary entered contests under an assumed name because the maker had to run out and wouldn't be writing anything clever until he got home that night...

zippity aviary by murphquake, on Flickr
murphquake

Postby Rook » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:01 pm

Solo wrote:As long as you don't plan to swap those torsos when you have him pilot I'll allow it, but I want to avoid superfluous elements in the pilot shots because when I crop and shrink them down for the brackets they'll be harder to identify. Plus I thought it might be a droid at first, which would be a no go.

Keep this in mind:
as I previously wrote:weapons/accessories can be stored while piloting. Also hair and headgear can be swapped for helmets as needed. They can't change clothes each round though, it has to be the same figure throughout the contest.

Hey Solo is my little none LEGO minifig stand ok or do I need photoshop that image to an all black background?
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Solo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:29 pm

You can photoshop it out or re-shoot your figure on a Lego stand or baseplate. I probably wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't asked, but just to help avoid confusion or the potential for someone to call foul later I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Is there a size limit (minimum or maximum) for a starfighter?
And will the letters for each bracket me announced at the start of the tournament? So as soon as your name as placed, you know what letter you will have for every round? Or will the letters be revealed each round?
crazybirdman

Postby Solo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:21 am

I just PMed a small handful of contestants requesting replacement photos but I need to clarify here too: your sign up photo needs to be just the pilot on a basic backdrop so I can use these as identifiers in the contest bracket image. The less clutter the better. If you want to put them in a mini scene or even build a vignette to go with their backstory, that's totally fine, but just include a link to that shot (you can even start a moc showcase thread if yo udo make a little scene for them) here if you do and only embed a simple shot for your sign up post. If you didn't get a PM, you're fine. I apologize for not being clear in the rules post. I will amend that shortly.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Solo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:35 am

crazybirdman wrote:Is there a size limit (minimum or maximum) for a starfighter?
There's no hard size limit here, the ships just have to conform to the "small single seat fighter" idea. Think about the letter based ships from the films for reference. If you want to build something the size of a gunship like the Slave 1 or a transport like the Falcon, this contest is not the right place for you.
crazybirdman wrote:And will the letters for each bracket me announced at the start of the tournament? So as soon as your name as placed, you know what letter you will have for every round?
This is correct.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby volumex » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:34 am

Chaz Rolla Shani will need to find another gig... his roller skated himself not only into the danger zone but clearly broken the rules. I will now need to sit down with him and discuss our way forward. His funny that way. Chaz oh Chaz lets chat brother... Se you guys later, i got to sort out my Rookie.
volumex

Postby volumex » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:25 pm

News just in: Chaz and I have decided its best he sits this round. out :'( He got a little hot under the collar regarding his picture and doing another photo shoot (he hates pictures), so we've decided to part ways and I no longer represent him. He will now need a new agent as I've made the call that this Rookie needs to review his contract. I have another pilot on the books and I think its time he makes an appearance. :cool:
volumex

Postby volumex » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Itch Moor is gone...
Last edited by volumex on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volumex

Postby frohgurt » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:19 pm

FBTB 2013 MOC_Manus Starjammer by Frohgurt, on Flickr

Manus Starjammer.

Part-time chef and starpilot. Full-time angry guy with a vibroknife.
frohgurt

Postby Solo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:52 pm

volumex: pilot only. Lose the bird.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Rook » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Solo wrote:You can photoshop it out or re-shoot your figure on a Lego stand or baseplate. I probably wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't asked, but just to help avoid confusion or the potential for someone to call foul later I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Ok image replaced with proper qualifications.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby ENDfilms » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:51 pm

moc madness pilot by END films, on Flickr
This is Nahtan. He is in charge of an asteroid mining operation were he designs, builds, and tests new weapons and ships. He uses these in missions against the Empire even though he is not part of the Rebel Alliance.
Last edited by ENDfilms on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ENDfilms

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds