Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Warsify The Mini Camper Van Building Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Star Warsify The Mini Camper Van Building Contest

Postby madLEGOman » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:02 pm

tons of great entries coming in already. very fun and creative ideas. Vancor is nearly done but still scrounging for surprisingly rare brown pieces.... now where in the hell did i put my clone wars pirate tank?!
madLEGOman

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:34 pm

madLEGOman wrote:Vancor is nearly done but still scrounging for surprisingly rare brown pieces.... now where in the hell did i put my clone wars pirate tank?!

Dagnabit! I've been building a Vancor (even calling it by that name) for days now. Ah, well, I'm not starting over now. My biggest holdup, oddly, is finding clear pieces for the windows. Who would have thought that my collection would have such a glaring hole?

I have discovered that some pieces just don't come in brown (or come in brown in one set I don't have), so I've made a couple color substitutions, but I think they work.
Mister Ed

All-Terrain Camper Van

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:58 pm

The All-Terrain Camper Van or AT-CV is the perfect vehicle for any vacationing clone. Based on the design of the AT-TE, it has six mechanical legs which allow it to travel over the rockiest of roads and even up cliff walls. With its six anti-personnel laser cannons and top-mounted mass driver cannon, the AT-CV is prepared for any surprise Separatist, bear, or even mosquito attacks.

AT-CV by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

AT-CV back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

More pictures in my photostream.
Last edited by Oky Wan Kenobi on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby MacLane » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:09 pm

The "Vantha"
VW Vantha by MacLane, on Flickr
Good luck to all of the contestants. Thanks FBTB for putting on this contest, it was a lot of fun.
MacLane
Oh Chibi, You're So Fine You're So Fine You Blow My Mind, Hey Chibi! Hey Chibi!

Re: VW StarCamper 3000

Postby Solo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:34 pm

I hate to do this, but lancethecat1 and Oky Wan Kenobi: your models don't really meet the requirements. Entries need to be based on the mini camper van and unfortunately I don't see enough of it in either to qualify. The ATAT doesn't seem to use the VW design at all, and the Starspeeder just looks like a Starspeeder with wheel wells. Also, I don't believe the Starspeeder appeared in any of the six movies and/or The Clone Wars cartoon series, so it's a double no go unless that's been retconned in and I never got the memo. Which is a shame since I really like that entry. :(
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby madLEGOman » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:48 pm

Mister Ed wrote:Dagnabit! I've been building a Vancor (even calling it by that name) for days now..

Sorry Ed, but i did totally call dibs on Vancor the morning after Don's thread went live.... eighth post down after the rules.
Oh well more the merrier =)
madLEGOman

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:01 pm

That you did. How did I miss that? I thought I was being so clever.

Well, hopefully people will believe me when I say that I was not intentionally copying your idea. Not that it will likely matter. I've seen your MOCs, and am very wary about competing with you on the same subject matter...
Mister Ed

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Solo wrote:I hate to do this, but lancethecat1 and Oky Wan Kenobi: your models don't really meet the requirements. Entries need to be based on the mini camper van and unfortunately I don't see enough of it in either to qualify. The ATAT doesn't seem to use the VW design at all, and the Starspeeder just looks like a Starspeeder with wheel wells. Also, I don't believe the Starspeeder appeared in any of the six movies and/or The Clone Wars cartoon series, so it's a double no go unless that's been retconned in and I never got the memo. Which is a shame since I really like that entry. :(

Thanks Don. Sorry about that, I wasn't sure how strict those rules were meant to be. I did build it in the same scale as the camper and used the same design for the lower half (everything up to the blue line, minus the front and back) and it was difficult to have it resemble the van and the StarSpeeder at the same time since their cockpits are so different. However, I cannot argue with the fact that the StarSpeeder did not appear in the movies or CW. So would it be okay if I withdraw my entry and enter something else?
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby madLEGOman » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:26 pm

too bad... never would have occurred to me that star tours wasn't official cannon. Glad you went there in any case as I was really hoping somebody would
madLEGOman

Postby naugem » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Mister Ed wrote:That you did. How did I miss that? I thought I was being so clever.

I missed that too. I was also thinking about a Vancor (though not with that name) but that idea got scratched last weekend when I realized I don't have enough brown pieces for something like that.
Now I'm back to thinking what can I build with the pieces I have...
naugem

Postby Solo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:So would it be okay if I withdraw my entry and enter something else?
Absolutely, please do. Just edit that post with whatever else you come up with instead.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby aevans7106 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:27 pm

DTHSTR1 by Arkimedes, on Flickr
aevans7106

Postby roguefx » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:02 pm

VW Mouse Droid by GeekyTom, on Flickr
cool contest guys, good luck to all that enter :D
roguefx
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:18 pm

MacLane wrote:The "Vantha"

i can't stop laughing.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:50 am

Well, the Vancor is done (mine, anyway). Just need a sunny day (and time at home while it is still sunny) to photograph it.

When the rules say no scenery, what does that mean? If I photograph the model outside, am I required to edit out any background? Or are you talking about LEGO scenery?
Mister Ed

Postby Brick_Laboratory » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 am

Jabba the Van by Carlmerriam, on Flickr

Jabba the Van - Back by Carlmerriam, on Flickr

What a fun contest, I'm loving seeing these pop up!
Brick_Laboratory

Postby DBauer1138 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Hello, I'm a long-time lurker, but this contest has inspired to me join the forums.

Here's my entry.

The VW-T170 Camper Starfighter.

Front:
VW-T170 Camper Starfighter Front by DBauer1138, on Flickr

Back:
VW-T170 Camper Starfighter Back by DBauer1138, on Flickr

Here's a link to the photoset. http://www.flickr.com/photos/101603510@N06/sets/72157635473696272/
DBauer1138

Postby DagsBricks » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Brick_Laboratory wrote:Jabba the Van by Carlmerriam, on Flickr

Love the sculpting including the fat saggy rear wheels.
Last edited by Solo on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote submission images in this thread, it complicates things when making the poll.
DagsBricks

Postby Sharpie Clone » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:59 am

Lego junkie wrote:I guess I'll be the first to break the trend of AT-ATs.

Hold onto your hats, here's a VW-wing Starfighter!
VW-wing Starfighter. by Lego Junkie., on Flickr

VW-wing Starfighter. by Lego Junkie., on Flickr

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but does the van rotate like the cockpit on a B-wing?
Last edited by Solo on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote submission images in this thread, it complicates things when making the poll.
Sharpie Clone

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:45 am

Alright, here goes. Behold, the dreaded Vancor!

Vancor Front by Mister Ed 2814, on Flickr

Vancor Back by Mister Ed 2814, on Flickr

I'm struggling to take good photos, and I may replace these, but I didn't want to wait.
Mister Ed

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds