Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Pick one:

Poll ended at Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:52 am

Image
58
52%
Image
53
48%
 
Total votes : 111

Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:52 am

This is Bracket 2 of the Final Four round. You have 3 days to vote. Good luck!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby madLEGOman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 am

Hovercraft feet don't fail me now... gulp
madLEGOman
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: San Luis Obispo california

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby zhouston » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:38 am

Well Jack, we meet again! There were a ton of awesome entries this year but I can't think of any other villain I'd rather go head-to-head with in the semifinals. We'll see if Juggernaut's momentum is enough to smash his way to the finals or if Mr. Freeze's Mammoth Freeze Cannon will stop him cold in his tracks. Win or lose, I'll be rooting for you next round! Good luck buddy!

For those interested:

More pics of Mr. Freeze (scroll down to first comment):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/madlegoman ... hotostream

More pics of Juggernaut:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zanehousto ... 893488765/
zhouston
David
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:00 pm

How did I know it'd be these two.

Congrats!
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby Rook » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Ugh. Can’t they just both win.

I did not like cast my vote. Neither should lose.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Ontario

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Rook wrote:Ugh. Can’t they just both win.

I did not like cast my vote. Neither should lose.


Well, depending on what happens in the next round, they could possibly both still place, i.e. it's possible for them to get 1st and 3rd if they both win their next match-ups against the heroes, though that wont be easy. I think both heroes are going to put up a good fight.
MotionOTheOcean
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Golden, CO

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 pm

MotionOTheOcean wrote:
Rook wrote:Ugh. Can’t they just both win.

I did not like cast my vote. Neither should lose.


Well, depending on what happens in the next round, they could possibly both still place, i.e. it's possible for them to get 1st and 3rd if they both win their next match-ups against the heroes, though that wont be easy. I think both heroes are going to put up a good fight.

I think it is likely that one of these will be third. Remember, on the initial poll these two scored the highest.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby madLEGOman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:00 pm

We'll get the heroes to sort things out soon enough, but here and now, in the bad boy bracket, it's the battle of the bubble domes! good luck zane, not that you'll need it.
madLEGOman
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: San Luis Obispo california

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby Rook » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:03 am

Ultron32 wrote:
MotionOTheOcean wrote:
Rook wrote:Ugh. Can’t they just both win.

I did not like cast my vote. Neither should lose.


Well, depending on what happens in the next round, they could possibly both still place, i.e. it's possible for them to get 1st and 3rd if they both win their next match-ups against the heroes, though that wont be easy. I think both heroes are going to put up a good fight.

I think it is likely that one of these will be third. Remember, on the initial poll these two scored the highest.


Yeah that's the part that kind of sucks. percentage wise they should be 1st and 2nd but in this style sadly on will probably be 3rd. Also sucks for who ever loses the poll because they probably know they can't beat either of these. Oh well tha's the way things go. Still two very impessive builds. <3
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Ontario

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:37 am

Rook wrote:Yeah that's the part that kind of sucks. percentage wise they should be 1st and 2nd but in this style sadly on will probably be 3rd. Also sucks for who ever loses the poll because they probably know they can't beat either of these. Oh well tha's the way things go. Still two very impessive builds. <3


I wouldn't count the Heroes out quite yet. Both hero mechs have shown very strong votes in previous rounds due to two great builds. Also, previous stats mean nothing in the next round since we have yet to see any hero face off against a villain so I feel the votes may be different then you might expect. The Heroes may not be as big or in the style of a "standard" mech, but they both have fantastic designs which show a bit of creativity/ingenuity towards their characters. Basically, the next round I think will not just be about good and evil, but convention vs. un-convention.
MotionOTheOcean
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Golden, CO

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby captain sambuca » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 pm

MotionOTheOcean wrote:I wouldn't count the Heroes out quite yet. Both hero mechs have shown very strong votes in previous rounds due to two great builds. Also, previous stats mean nothing in the next round since we have yet to see any hero face off against a villain so I feel the votes may be different then you might expect. The Heroes may not be as big or in the style of a "standard" mech, but they both have fantastic designs which show a bit of creativity/ingenuity towards their characters. Basically, the next round I think will not just be about good and evil, but convention vs. un-convention.


Ridiculous. If these aren't one and three, I will eat my hat.
captain sambuca
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:29 am


Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby captain sambuca » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:What kind of hat?


My metaphorical hat. Although in fairness I will upgrade that to a real hat if it makes the prediction any clearer. Maybe a super hero/supervillain themed hat? Does a cowl count as a hat? I fear I may be going off topic, but you are quite right: the point needed clarification
captain sambuca
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:29 am

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Can we please just let the votes decide and omit the speculation and opinions?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby captain sambuca » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Sorry.

Sorry Solo, Sorry Voters. Sorry Builders.

Enough.
captain sambuca
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:29 am

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:33 pm

captain sambuca wrote:
buriedbybricks wrote:What kind of hat?


My metaphorical hat. Although in fairness I will upgrade that to a real hat if it makes the prediction any clearer. Maybe a super hero/supervillain themed hat? Does a cowl count as a hat? I fear I may be going off topic, but you are quite right: the point needed clarification



I say you eat a cape instead, in the spirit of the contest.
MotionOTheOcean
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Golden, CO

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm just gonna say that I have a phedora. But I won't eat it. It's a very nice hat.

And also, I still can't decide here.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby Pepper » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Both mechs are awesome! This has to be one of the hardest decisions yet, I love them both!
Pepper
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby zhouston » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:00 am

Well that's that; about as close as we all knew it would be. A bitter sweet victory as I would also like to see N.O.R.A. going to the finals. Congrats on making it this far Jack, good luck next round!
zhouston
David
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Mech Madness Final Four Villains Bracket

Postby Chief » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:15 am

5 votes! Wow! :shock:
Image
Chief
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:45 am
Location: Oceanside, CA

Next

Return to Contests & Community Builds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron