Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Mech Madness 2012 Pool Play Polls Are Up!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Mech Madness 2012 Pool Play Polls Are Up!

Postby Staff » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:55 pm

mocmadnesslogo2012revg

The entries are in and the first round of voting has commenced. You have one week to pick the top 16 for both groups who will then be seeded into our tournament bracket. Click here to choose your Heroes, and here to choose your Villains. You get five choices per poll this round and they can not be changed, so make your choices wisely.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/04/mech-madness-2012-pool-play-polls-are-up/
Staff

Re: Mech Madness 2012 Pool Play Polls Are Up!

Postby Olymprix » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:08 am

May the best mech win!
"Size matters not." -- Yoda

Until you get stepped on, buddy...
Olymprix

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:41 am

A friend of mine (Morninglory) is having trouble voting. It apparently just shows a red line with a question mark instead of the check-box. And when they tried to post a comment about it, it didn't show up right away, and so they were worried it might not show up until after the first week of polling. So I commented this for them. For me, the red line only showed up AFTER I voted. Any ideas as to whats going on?
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 pm

Ultron32 wrote:A friend of mine (Morninglory) is having trouble voting. It apparently just shows a red line with a question mark instead of the check-box. And when they tried to post a comment about it, it didn't show up right away, and so they were worried it might not show up until after the first week of polling. So I commented this for them. For me, the red line only showed up AFTER I voted. Any ideas as to whats going on?

That happens if you are not yet ok'd by a mod for posting in the forums. Right now he is listed as part of the "newly registered users" group, but once a mod ok's his first forum post he will be moved into the "registered users" group and he should be fine. Once that happens, he should be able to vote in the contest though I'm not sure if there are any rules regarding site registration time and contest launch. Sometimes sites will limit voting to only people registered since before the contest starts in order to prevent dummy accounts being created to cheat voting.
MotionOTheOcean

Postby Chief » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 pm

^ ding ding ding! as also noted by Don in the other thread. It's too bad the contest is getting so much attention this late in the game, and we can't allow those new visitors to vote. But honestly, it's the most fair to our members. Hopefully those new visitors stick around for the next contest!
Chief

Postby Chief » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:30 am

I think we may need to add a rule that anyone attempting to add an advertisement/campaign poster for their model into the FBTB Flickr group pool risks disqualification. We have a rule on the forum about not sending out spam PMs advertising for yourself, and I don't see how this isn't the same. I happily add the typical 3 photos of everyone's creations during contests into the pool, but this time several people have gone the extra step of attempting to advertise in the community pool.
Chief

Postby Rook » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:53 am

Ah assuming you mean it's ok to post the image, description, and link to FBTB, but other than that creating advertisements for it is the issue.

For example this is what I have posted in my image description on Flickr. Is this ok?:

"Version II is updated by refining the flame technique and giving Jean a pair of yellow cloves in which to asp!
Entry for FBTB Heros vs. Villians Mech Contest:
http://www.fbtb.net"

Or do you think no link to FBTB.net is preferred?

It would be nice to reference the contest requirements and to "advertise" to get others to join the contest but I can see how even just a "FBTB.net" link could taken as a "come vote for me" advertisement.
Last edited by Rook on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Chief » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:07 am

No, that's completely fine.

I'm really only talking to the 3 or 4 flickr/fbtb users who have, after the contest polls have opened, added new photos (or REuploaded photos that had previously been approved) into the FBTB flickr group pool with captions/descriptions below/on the photos asking for votes in the contest. I don't care one tiny bit if this is in your own Flickr stream. But it does not belong in the group pool. ESPECIALLY if it's a picture you're ALREADY put in the pool before, and you're just bumping up for views.
Chief

Postby etcknight » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:37 pm

It's really sad that Legos have become such a cut-throat business - rather than a hobby everyone can equally enjoy. There are too many stories about people doing credit card fraud, using fake bar-codes, and removing mini-figs from in-store sets. That's definitely one thing I don't like about the new atmosphere. And, it's even more disappointing that people on a fan site like FBTB would try to cheat at a friendly little contest.

Kudos to the admin!!!
May the best mech win!
etcknight

Postby Solo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:31 am

Pool Play stage is over now that the polls have ended, and tomorrow Ace will set up the seed/pairings for the first round of head to head polls. When that's all ready to go I'll post the bracket graphic. Kind of late to get into that right now though.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:30 am

Correction: polls will be up Tuesday night because I forgot how to count and only did half the work I ought to have today as it turns out.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 pm

^Can't wait! Recently I forgot how to subtract. It's very weird when that kind of thing happens.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Return to Contests & Community Builds