Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Final Four - Bracket 2

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Final Four - Bracket 2

Poll ended at Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:05 am

ImageImageImageTorque Tellini and the Caperture
41%
ImageImageImageVet Steele and the Avid Steele
59%

Total votes : 116

Final Four - Bracket 2

Postby onions » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:05 am

This is Bracket 2 of the Final Four. You have three days to vote. Good luck!
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: Final Four - Bracket 2

Postby Pepper » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:39 am

I have to say, this was the hardest choice I have ever had to make voting in a contest. They are both totally epic entries! May the best ship win!
Pepper

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:56 am

... this one is going to hurt :( Good Luck chaps!
volumex

Postby Stardusty » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:04 pm

This was surprisingly easy choice for me. :x

Avid Steele blows up every ship in my imagination. Pew! Pew! Pew! KABOOM! XD
Stardusty

Postby JD4M » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Interesting that the Final Four are all very different
JD4M

Postby lowlead » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 pm

So many of these entries really emphasize all the talent out there...some really amazing stuff.

As soon as I saw the first pic of Avid Steele, I knew right then it was going to be one of the finalists. This ship is one of the most imaginative builds out there. Exotic but refined at the same time...and dark green no less! I could drive that around the galaxy - nicely done.

Just wanted to chime in real quick with some other favorites of mine....

Somocto and the Bête Noire - just sooo darn alien and evil looking. Love it.

Bounty Hunters:
Jesh "BK" Walls - probably the coolest bounty hunter
Gnan Ruta
Derva Frozzen
Wraithen Vos
R. Blaschka
Inca Ter'
Book Tchassidy

Vessels:
The Bombad Barracuda
Grudge Bearer
S'iv
Cloak & Dagger
Good Intentions
BAS-e1
The Planetfreeze
Bespin Sunset
The Falling Raindrop
The Praetorian I

...builders, you know who you are - incredible work, thanks for sharing your MOCs.
lowlead

Postby volumex » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:07 am

Well done Vet, it seems your ship is really made of Steel! I thought is was going to be alot closer?
volumex

Postby madLEGOman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:00 pm

congrats to tyler, good luck against zane...?? or is it joel....??! or do zane and joel now scrap both of their ships and combine their legos into one bigger voltron ship to face yours? =) In any case, it's gonna be crazy.
madLEGOman

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:31 am

Bummed to see the Caperture get ouseted, as it seemed the most "Star Wars-y" to me. Definitely looked like something straight out of the EU, maybe from the comics. That said, the Avid Steele is another one of my favs (so sleek!), so congrats!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby madLEGOman » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:03 am

I don't get it. Why does everybody assume star warsy describes a singular aesthetic? Lucas and his disciples have given us an enormous expanded universe to play with that has truly infinite design possibilities. Besides the avid steel to me is clearly the product of a x-wing hooking up with a Nubian shuttle in the back seat of darth's super star destroyer, with a bit of green paint splashed in there. ....seriously? Nobody sees it but me?
madLEGOman

Postby VHPFAU » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:56 am

madLEGOman wrote:I don't get it. Why does everybody assume star warsy describes a singular aesthetic? Lucas and his disciples have given us an enormous expanded universe to play with that has truly infinite design possibilities. Besides the avid steel to me is clearly the product of a x-wing hooking up with a Nubian shuttle in the back seat of darth's super star destroyer, with a bit of green paint splashed in there. ....seriously? Nobody sees it but me?

Hi there,i disagree. according to you, absolutely every space ship could enter in the SW universe because of the "enormous expanded universe" and the "infinite design possibilities"...an that's ok, but what happens when this universe coexists with the Aliens universe and his aesthetics, the starTrek universe, the Tron´s, Dune´s, Macross and so and so, and you have in mind general ideas of how a SW ship could look.
Avid steele is a great piece of work, but it does not look SW...in fact looks more from a Tron or Manga universe...plus that, i still cant scale the ship...could be a starfighter minifig size (where is the cockpit?) or could be an huge starship in microscale with open hangars on top...anyway, a lot, lot ´s of talent, a few SW...

PS: the nubians are all curves...
VHPFAU

Postby onions » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:05 pm

i'm with you madlegoman. this whole argument of "looking star warsy" is lost on me.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Flynn » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:46 pm

I can kinda see the point, where the OT ships all have a particular aesthetic to them of a classic-designs-meet-kit-shop-bashing kind of style, and each faction within the movies (Imperial, Rebel, etc.) all have distinct design traits. When you open it up to the EU, though, I think the argument becomes fruitless, and it really becomes 'which ship fits my own view of the 'Star Wars aesthetic' the best'.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to Contests & Community Builds