Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Elite Eight - Bracket 1

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Elite Eight - Bracket 1

Poll ended at Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:09 am

ImageImageImageNiobrara Shaar and the Arkose VII
69%
ImageImageImageJostra Morricone and the BAS-e1
31%

Total votes : 99

Elite Eight - Bracket 1

Postby onions » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:09 am

This is Bracket 1 of the Elite Eight. You have three days to vote. Good luck!
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 1

Postby zhouston » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:05 am

xiei I've loved your ship since you posted it. The asymmetry is well carried out and despite the smaller size you have a decent sized interior. good luck and may the best ship win!
zhouston
David

Postby xiei22 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:56 am

what can i say?
the only thing that fly in my mind just no: so happy and so proud to be some-kind-of-VS you!
Indeed you build one of the most weel-builded and well-designed ship of the entire contest so far...
love it from the first time i saw it!...so clean line, so STEALTHISH color...

in the end, good luck! May the best ship win! And may the best Bounty Hunter win! :D
xiei22

Postby volumex » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:09 pm

This is a battle..., I wasnt expecting this matchup but here we are.... Guys you've come far, Good :cool: Luck, I'll be watching on the edge of my chair....
volumex

Postby Stardusty » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:36 am

BAS-e1 got my vote. Certainly a hard decision on this one.
Last edited by Stardusty on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stardusty

Postby zhouston » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:05 pm

I'll be the first to admit my prisoner holding cell is lacking, absolutely. But I don't think it's fair that you've gone to each bracket and advertised for one of the ships, if want to say something specific try and compliment both ships in the bracket (and certainly don't say anything bad about them). Let's keep this a fair contest.
zhouston
David

Postby Stardusty » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm going to edit my posts, but I'm pretty sure I didn't wrote anything that would
lift a MOC in someone's eyes high enough to affect their vote.

EDIT: That first part sounded childish and offensive. Edited.
Last edited by Stardusty on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stardusty

Postby madLEGOman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:53 pm

zhouston wrote:I'll be the first to admit my prisoner holding cell is lacking, absolutely. But I don't think it's fair that you've gone to each bracket and advertised for one of the ships, if want to say something specific try and compliment both ships in the bracket (and certainly don't say anything bad about them). Let's keep this a fair contest.

I hope you'll forgive me Zane, but I'm gonna have to disagree... I don't think your hold is lacking at all. True I can't tell if they're bacta tanks like in empire, or ray shielded like in revenge of the sith, but more importantly, they're executed cleanly, and suit the design of your ship. As for stardusty expressing his opinion, I'm all for that too, sharing a dissenting opinion is always better than apathy. While it's possible to curry favor this way, I can tell by the vote count that most votes come from contestants, and as such are far more likely to formulate their own opinions than to follow someone else's.
madLEGOman

Postby zhouston » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:46 pm

you are forgiven, hahahha.
yeah I think it's good people express their opinions, the main point I wanted to make was to not insult any of the builds. I'm happy with how my ship turned out so it's not so much for me, but some people put a lot of work into what they do and nobody likes to hear that they did a bad job. I was also all worked up from the exchanges between rook and the FBTB staff haha.

and feel free to disagree with me as much as you want :)
zhouston
David

Postby madLEGOman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:43 pm

I disagree.... wait... what was i talking about
madLEGOman

Postby xiei22 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:32 am

i can see a well done coversation and fair play.... :D
i agree with some you said: i don't like the Zane's prison-holder but only for MY opinion, but i totally and quietly say that they're abslutly well builded. And, most important of all, they're the exact result of the Arkose VII design. All in that ship is exatly where it shoul be!

This discussion might seem contradictory, but (as an architect :p ) i think that a good design may generate only decision and draws remindable to that design. Sometimes may happen that something seems out of place, but I think it MUST be observed and watched in the overall design.
xiei22

Postby Stardusty » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 am

zhouston wrote:you are forgiven, hahahha.
yeah I think it's good people express their opinions, the main point I wanted to make was to not insult any of the builds. I'm happy with how my ship turned out so it's not so much for me, but some people put a lot of work into what they do and nobody likes to hear that they did a bad job. I was also all worked up from the exchanges between rook and the FBTB staff haha.

and feel free to disagree with me as much as you want :)

So, I actually haven't done anything wrong?
I've just stated what's IMHO made better on one MOC, and why did that MOC got my vote.
Stardusty

Postby zhouston » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:48 am

Stardusty wrote:So, I actually haven't done anything wrong?

haha yes you're fine. I am not mad or offended or anything else. like madLEGOman said, people should be free to express their opinions, and after I thought about it I agree. so say whatever is on your mind :)
zhouston
David

Postby xiei22 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:37 am

end of the game for me :'(

but no surprise: the Arkose is to much well built and designed to be beated by my BAS-e1! XD
Good luck! We'll meet eachother here next year!
xiei22

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:06 am

Wow.. well done guys, I really didnt want to make a call on this one... Xie22, well played! :)
volumex

Return to Contests & Community Builds