Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB MOC Madness 2011 Building Tournament Announcement

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB MOC Madness 2011 Building Tournament Announcement

Postby Chief » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:51 am

Solo wrote:What exactly is going on with the sides of the visor?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think his pilot has this visor tilted on the back of the head.
Chief

Postby Lazerblade » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Stardusty wrote:
Entries here are awesome. I think my starfighter won't stand a chance.

Enter anyways. ;)
Lazerblade

Postby jansued » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:16 pm

@madLEGOman "The Hand of Fate"

Ups. I got the same color scheme and a similar design. Could be sister ships. Will be ready on sunday...

So - Nice ship!

Regards,

Jansued
jansued

Postby NXTiberius » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:26 pm

This contest looks like to much fun not to enter.

My humble submission to the Tournament.

Bounty Hunter: Clarge Ya'Qul
Clarge Ya'Qul by nxtiberius, on Flickr

His ship: Perdition's Flame
Perdition's Flame by nxtiberius, on Flickr

And his prisoner hold, located in the aft of the ship:
Prisoner Hold by nxtiberius, on Flickr
NXTiberius

Postby Solo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Chief wrote:Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think his pilot has this visor tilted on the back of the head.

OK, I see it now. Thanks.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Yozampski » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:19 pm

My ship: The Mazuma 245 piloted by Michael slaydr.
Mazuma 245: main by ʈhe ʯozampski, on Flickr
The Mazuma 245 ^
Mazuma 245: The Hunter by ʈhe ʯozampski, on Flickr
Pilot Michael Slaydr ^
Mazuma 245: Prison Cell by ʈhe ʯozampski, on Flickr
Prison cell^
The Mazuma 245 was built without the aid of Bricklink, and with little trading. I pretty much worked on this thing the entire time the contest has been up. It was built to go along with the 2007 7658 Y-Wing Fighter. In case I lose I always have a backup use. I am quite happy with The Mazuma 245, so I am just in it for fun. Also, there are more detail pics that show all the great features on Flickr. Check it out! http://www.flickr.com/photos/raider5o/sets/72157627994632530/
Last edited by Yozampski on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yozampski

Postby Si-Mocs » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:07 pm

My Little entry:

Bounty Hunter Sun

Bounty Hunter Sun by Si-MOCs, on Flickr

The origins of Bounty Hunter Sun are not known. S/he started making appearances several years ago, capturing men long thought to be dead.

Sun perpetually wears some sort of luminance face mask which has been seen to fluctuate in brightness depending on the situation. It is not known what species Sun is nor its appearance. While some speculate the helmet is to hide a disfigurement, others believe that the mask is donned to strike fear into its prey.

Sun's other most visible attribute is his Light Sabre staff. While he does not appear to be in tune with the Force, he does wield it comfortably. Reports show that s/he does not actually use the Light Sabre staff as a weapon - instead tends to use it as a visual and auditory distraction while s/he uses a blaster to actually subdue each bounty.

Bounty Hunter Sun's ship: The Tzu

Bounty Hunter Sun's The Tzu by Si-MOCs, on Flickr

The Tzu appears to be a retrofitted Cardonian Medical Transport Ship. Originally designed to retrieve and exfiltrate medical patients in war zones and rapidly transport them to Medical Stations. It seems logical that Sun would use this as the basis for the Bounty ship as it has the armour, the speed and maneuverability.

Sensor scans and photo reconnaissance can conclude that the Tzu has added two C class Ion Cannons to the Tzu, as well as a rear facing Ion Turret. It is speculated that the Tzu also has a host of counter-measures and other offensive weapons but the evidence is inconclusive - as no ship has ever survived combat against the Tzu.

The Tzu - Prisoner hold by Si-MOCs, on Flickr

Once captured, the Bounties are placed in a secure holding cell with force beam bars. Unlike most Bounty Hunters ships the cell is directly adjacent to the ships cockpit - allowing Sun to talk or monitor the prisoner without the need of cameras or other monitoring devices.

--

Contest notes: Build out of 100% stock lego - 3 sets of PF lights, light brick and whole battery pack! and with occasional use of black lighting (Thanks ROOK!)

More pics and full backstory on Flickr
360 rotational video:
Last edited by Si-Mocs on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Si-Mocs

Postby madLEGOman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Solo wrote:What exactly is going on with the sides of the visor?

if you're askin' about mine, yeah, lights is right, it's just a blacktron visor flimsily wedged into a clone trooper visor and resting by gravity on the trandosian, falls off all the time and is incredibly frustrating, but looks kinda neat so i did it anyway
madLEGOman

Postby Trooper10 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Karra Sing and The Scarab.
Lesser known cousin of Aurra Sing, Karra keeps the family bounty hunting business alive with her unblemished record (43 bounties delivered in the last 3 years). Her ship, The Scarab, is a versatile one person vessel with variable geometry dorsal and ventral thrusters providing excellent maneuverability and rapid take-off and descent. A small cargo hold is just perfect for a one-person stasis pod. Her unlucky quarry this time, Count Ardo Del'Haloran, who's gambling debts have gotten him in trouble with the Hutts. The Count is lucky that Karra prides herself on bringing in bounties alive, rather than dead.

Karra Sing (with blaster and stun pike)
Karra Sing by Trooper10.0, on Flickr

The Scarab
The Scarab: front side by Trooper10.0, on Flickr

Prisoner bay, ramp and stasis pod
Cargo Bay: rear loading prisoner pod by Trooper10.0, on Flickr

More at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60627060@N08/
Trooper10

Postby xiei22 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:18 am

this contest is becoming really cool! Entry after entry we can see amazing works of art!...and, like many of you have said, the BIIIIIIG final rush of gigantic/faboulos ship has started in those last days!
I'm really impatient to see how this contest will end!!! XD

I also edit my post, and changed the main pictures of the ship...i think that an unusual top view show better my MOC... :D
Did I do something against the rules by editing my post?
xiei22

Postby elijah » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:46 am

The Tear drop and Yobivich Ormanosky

The Tear Drop Was a humble Space tug That lived it days pulling larger ships such as Star Destroyer's Then it was sold to Vladimir Ormanosky (Yobivich's great grand father) He modified it armor plated it and then added weapons including a Mega frontal laser b1-967/190 and other various Goodies including a Cloaking and hyper drive. Vladimir decided that a single prison cell would be more effective because then you are limited to one live prisoner saving energy that could be put into the weapons and shield. he soon had a son (Elijah Ormanosky Sig fig) who developed it even more until he was captured by the Jedi order on suspicious behavior against the Galactic Republic. His son (Yobivich Ormanosky) took the ship and started bounty hunting and searching for his dad.

Yobivich is best known for defeating 15 Jedi that were in his way. Beginning his career at Only 9 years old he worked and worked until becoming on of the most feared hunters in the galaxy.

The Prison cell

The Pres shot

The Hunter
The walking Encyclopedia and geek. My flicker is at this http://www.flickr.com/photos/elijahtheencyclopedia/
elijah

Postby LoFiPenguin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:42 am

Janice
Hunter by Lo-Fi Penguin's Findings, on Flickr
The Wayward Turkey
Ship by Lo-Fi Penguin's Findings, on Flickr
The bounty
Bounty by Lo-Fi Penguin's Findings, on Flickr

A pilot in a budding space federation in an unknown sector Janice worked as a supply shuttle pilot. Due to the dangerous nature of a civilization just beginning to colonize space there was an increased need for emergency supply runs. This unknown federation thus commissioned a squadron of ultra fast ships that were capable of traversing a solar system in little to no time at all, carrying various cargos in climate controlled pods. Janice was chosen to pilot one of these very ships, which she called the Wayward Turkey, ferrying vital supplies to struggling space colonist. What made the speed of these ships possible was the two large Ganymede IV engines that, along with an internal fuel supply, take in transient radiation in space and convert it into thrust.

While on a supply run Janice was traveling at the top end of the ships performance. Using a sling shot maneuver (first pioneered by the first of her species to enter space) she unintentionally caused a space time fluctuation as a result of the enormous power of the engines and the massive gravity of a gas giant. This wormhole transported her to a galaxy far far away. Her sensors and maps useless in unknown space she drifted until she was found by a Mon Calimari patrol. Unable to get any answers as to where she was and how to get back to her home she resigned to take advantage of the technology now available to her. Using the supplies she was carrying as bartering chips she retrofitted the Wayward Turkey with a droid socket, hyperdrive, two powerful laser cannons and the most advanced sensor systems she could get her hands on. In her time spent with the Mon Calamari Janice learned of a galactic civil war and although sympathetic with the cause of her hosts her priority was finding her way home.

It was apparent that to navigate this strange galaxy Janice was going to need some help and she had her eye on a nice little R2 droid. However she was out of all the supplies which she used to barter for the ships retrofit. All she had left was to offer a service. Keen to make use of her extensive military training her Mon Calamari hosts tasked her with finding and ascertaining a known war criminal. Little did anyone know that the thrill that Janice got from this task planted the seeds to her becoming one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy. Janice was thrilled to bring change when no one else was able and those that knew her could always trust her to get the difficult jobs done.

Setting off with her new droid and one of the fastest ships around Janice takes only the bounties that she feel deserve it, using the rewards to fund her never ending quest to get back home.

This is my first MOC to go public. Thanks for the great contest and good luck to everyone.
LoFiPenguin

Postby Lazerblade » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:03 am

53 entries! Wow! :D
Lazerblade

Postby Rook » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:45 am

@ Si-Mocs
Glad to see the black lights worked. Would hated for you to take them home and plug them one not work. I like how you used them to light the prison bars.

Lazerblade wrote:53 entries! Wow! :D

Wow notability less than last year, unless we get 30 entries this weekend. :shock: I would have expected double from last year because of the prizes pool.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Lazerblade » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 am

Rook wrote:Wow notability less than last year, unless we get 30 entries this weekend. :shock: I would have expected double from last year because of the prizes pool.

Same here. I am some what not disappointed and disappointed at the same time. :P
Lazerblade

Postby Darth Mitz » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 am

@ Lazerblade and Rook - I'm sure there was a real flurry of entrants in the final 24 hours last year - if memory serves, there were at least 15 before the curtain dropped...and we still have 3 more days to go.
Darth Mitz

Postby Adrian Industries » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:41 am

Only two more days left guys! Yahoo! I'm starting to think I should have entered mine later with all you cool dudes. May the best man win! And may the winner be worthy. :D
Adrian Industries

Postby onions » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:14 am

@LoFiPenguin: i'm gonna have to ask to see a pic of the prisoner compartment attached to the ship as it is not obvious from the pictures you provided and there are no other pictures of your ship in your flickr stream.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Lazerblade » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:37 am

Darth Mitz wrote:@ Lazerblade and Rook - I'm sure there was a real flurry of entrants in the final 24 hours last year - if memory serves, there were at least 15 before the curtain dropped...and we still have 3 more days to go.

That is what I'm hoping. :) I would like to see at least 100 entries. ;) But then Rook did post his entry early on.
:roll:
Lazerblade

Postby LoFiPenguin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:42 am

@Onions: Will this do or would you like me to change the main pic of the ship?

Cargo/Prisoner Pod attached by Lo-Fi Penguin's Findings, on Flickr
LoFiPenguin

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds