Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB MOC Madness 2011 Building Tournament Announcement

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB MOC Madness 2011 Building Tournament Announcement

Postby pastormacman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Here is my entry this year:

The bounty hunter:
Phoenix Darkdirk
With his vintage blaster and signature drumsticks.

IMG_3986 by pastormacman, on Flickr

Born Dirk Steele 35 years BBY. Young Dirk mastered the drums and went on to become one of the founding members of the Correlian punk band "Bantha Poodoo" earning the moniker "Stix." The band eventually fell on hard times and all the members received bounties on their heads for the debt they had incurred. Dirk escaped punishment by faking his own death and taking on the name of Phoenix Darkdirk. Through years of notorious bounty hunting, he has become known simply as "The Phoenix"

The ship:
The Retribution
A modified Correlian LX-2000-LPT (luxury passenger transport)

IMG_3233 by pastormacman, on Flickr

This was once the tour bus for the Correlian punk band "Bantha Poodoo" After a hit and miss career of seven years the band finally struck gold with their album "Into the Eye of the Wormhole" which featured the hit single "The Huttz will go Nuttz on yo Buttz" With this sudden success came all the trappings of fame and fortune. With their booking schedule stacking up, they quickly realized that it would soon become necessary to have their own transportation. They pooled all of their advanced gig payments together and purchased a new Correlian model LX-2000 Luxury Passenger Transport and quickly gave it the nickname "Groupie Wagon". Everything seemed to be going well for this up-and-coming band. However, just days before the tour, the drummer "Stix" was fired. The band cited "creative differences" and hastily hired a new drummer to replace him and began their much anticipated four month tour.

Unfortunately, while living in the prime of the Empire, (ten years BBY) popularity also comes with added scrutiny. After being on their new tour for only three weeks, the group was forcibly disbanded by the Empire. Their music was deemed "subversive" and all known copies of their work were confiscated and destroyed and their tour bus impounded. With no revenue stream and no future gigs to make the bills, and with prepaid venue owners demanding their money back, the group disappeared into the unending annuls of the one-hit-wonders of the galaxy.

Nearly a year later, the original drummer, under a new identity, purchased the tour bus at an Imperial auction. He had accumulated the moneys necessary for the purchase by faking his own death and cashing in on the bounties that had been placed on his former band mates whom he hunted down and turned in. He now travels the galaxy as the bounty hunter known as "The Phoenix." With the help of his pet droid "Hihat" he gutted the luxurious interior of the ship and built holding cells for his quarry. He also boosted the engine power and added turbo lasers and defensive shields. And just for fun, he blares one of the few remaining copies of "Into the Eye of the Wormhole" over the loudspeakers in the cells at all hours of the night to drill his captives into submission.

The moral of this story:

Don't. Upset. Your drummer.

The prisoner cell(s)

IMG_3197 by pastormacman, on Flickr

Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21271131@N04/sets/72157627759440588/

Please visit my Flickr page to see all the detail that these photos don't show. The Retribution is built both inside and out. The interior connects from the forward bridge all the way back to the loading ramps. It is 68 studs long.

Also, 50 extra points for anyone who knows the origins of my bounty hunter's name. ;)
pastormacman

Postby Lord Of The Fries » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 pm

In the second photo, can I include my Sidekick's Speeder?
Lord Of The Fries

Postby Solo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:55 pm

The second picture should just be your ship. When I saw your submission I thought that was attached like a side car, so I didn't say anything. Extra play features like that should be in your additional photos, not the submission pics.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Rook » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:32 am

MOC Madness II!

Bounty Hunter Inca Ter' & The Eternal Dusk

Inca Ter’

The most feared bounty hunter in the quadrant. If you want your bounty alive to torture them yourself, Inca Ter’ is the best, but he will cost you. Inca Ter’ carries a long range sniper riffle loaded with enough tranquilizers to knock out a gundark for a week. For close combat he prefers to use his great grandfather’s tribal spear as a bow staff.

San’Piper
Inca Ter’s sidekick is known simply as San’Piper. Her weapon of choice is a high power double barreled tranquilizing compound cross bow, as silent as clear night’s breeze. She also carries a double barreled over under repeating blaster for when “alive” is no longer an option.

The Bounty
Some poor schmuck that is probably about spend the last days of his life in a lot of pain. Just be glad it’s not you… this time.

The Ship
Eternal Dusk is armed with an array of forward baring armaments stolen from a dozen species in primary wings. The primary wings also house 4 maneuvering sub-light engines. The rear wings house massive sub-light engines slightly over sized for this ship making her a rocky ride but faster then her prey and two small sleeping quarters. The Eternal Dusk boasts a quad barreled laser turret on her dorsal tail. The main cargo hold is equipped with cryogenic chamber. The aft cargo bay houses the maintenance access to the hyper-drive engine.

Flickr Gallery
Last edited by Rook on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby SuperDave » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:13 pm

pastormacman wrote:Also, 50 extra points for anyone who knows the origins of my bounty hunter's name. ;)

Questions like this make me FURIOUS!

EDIT: Link added.
Last edited by SuperDave on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperDave

Postby Rook » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:42 pm

SuperDave wrote:
pastormacman wrote:Also, 50 extra points for anyone who knows the origins of my bounty hunter's name. ;)

Agreed, for prompting a lot of off topic discussion. :rollseyes:

At least his ship is cool. Shy on details though.

Wish we could show interiors in a 4th image. :(
Rook

Postby Solo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:30 pm

You can link to a gallery with as many pictures as you want, or start a MOC Showcase post of them.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby pastormacman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:52 pm

SuperDave wrote:

50 points to SuperDave!!!

Also, quick question: can we keep adding more pics to our linked flickr page as long as we don't make any changes to the model or to the three contest pics?
pastormacman

Postby onions » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:23 pm

you can do whatever you want to your flickr stream.

like don said, you can also make a moc showcase post to show off the rest of your work which I would highly encourage.

and you can change your entry photos up until the deadline where it will be locked in.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Rook » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:33 am

Solo wrote:You can link to a gallery with as many pictures aw you want, or start a MOC Showcase post of them.

:facepalm: Ah I feel dumb. Good point, I'll post a thread for it. :x
Rook

Postby Daiman » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:48 am

Nice builds pastor and Rook...I think you have the other entrants thinking now.
Daiman

Postby Pro/E Jedi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:28 am

Daiman wrote:Nice builds pastor and Rook...I think you have the other entrants thinking now.

I think by the end of October our minds will be blown. Looking forward to it :D
I'm big in Japan.
Pro/E Jedi

Postby Adrian Industries » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:05 am

Raskarr the bounty hunter goes by the proverb of, "smile wide and carry a big gun."
Bounty Hunter by Adrian Industries, on Flickr

His ride, the Mythusilosa. Apparently his charming smile can do anything. 108 studs long with massive shielding and weaponry including a rotating energy shell firing cannon and 34 missiles, he takes out other competing bounty hunters for sport.
Mythusilosa by Adrian Industries, on Flickr

Raskarr giving a prisoner a talking to.
Mythusilosa by Adrian Industries, on Flickr

Hope you guys like it! It was a ton of fun to make! XD
Oh, and by the way, I'm 14, I'm not sure if your judging by age but.... yeah.
Last edited by Adrian Industries on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Adrian Industries

Postby captain sambuca » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:07 pm

here's my entry

The Falling Raindrop...

P1030172 by captain sambuca, on Flickr

and the bounty hunter, Book Tchassidy

P1030164 by captain sambuca, on Flickr

oh, and here's the prisoner bit...

P1030169 by captain sambuca, on Flickr

Book Tchassidy and his sidekick Kit Sundancer have been hunting bounty for just about as long as they can remember. You'll hear many bounty hunters described as the meanest, or most deadly, or most feared, or whatever...Book and Sundancer though are just about the nicest bounty hunters you might meet. Book's the ideas man; "Kit, I've got vision and the rest of the universe wears bifocals", and Sundancer has got to be the fastest draw you're ever likely to come across. No really, that guy is Fast. Mental fast.

Book boasts that their ship, "The Falling Raindrop" is just about the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy, that she'll make point five past lightspeed and that he's made a lot of special modifications himself. Mind you, there's plenty of scoundrels and pirates out there who make the same boasts- and Book boasts a lot. Unlike some bounty hunters, Book doesn't believe in having the biggest, or ugliest, or meanest looking ship. Just something that's fast, that packs a punch when it needs to and that doesn't start ringing alarm bells when it parks up outside the club. You don't want to announce that you're arriving, do you? There's not stacks of room inside, and no pole dancing bar or pub or anything... but it's comfortable enough, and there's plenty of room in the back for a fully contained prisoner.

After the fall of the Empire, and the death of Jabba the Hutt, life isn't that easy for a bounty hunter... but Book and Sundancer are just about cunning enough to keep infront.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65507488@N ... 199050018/

Another good contest fellas- fairplay.

And a massive public thanks, and the biggest of love possible, to my gorgeous wife for putting up with the noise of rustling of lego pieces while she has been trying to watch tv for the last month. x x x. sorry.

nice one
Last edited by captain sambuca on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
captain sambuca

Postby Captain Flak » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Alright, to start you off here is my ship. The Ender's Pride.
The Ender's Pride by Captain Flak, on Flickr
The Ship: This ship belongs to Jaren Haan, one of the most feared bounty hunters . It consists of a hyperdrive and prison cell. It has front forward cannons and backwards blasters as well.
Ender's Pride (prison cell view) by Captain Flak, on Flickr
The Cell: This cell that I have is made with two tie-fighter windows and are used to trap a prisoner.
Jaren Haan by Captain Flak, on Flickr
The Bounty Hunter: Jaren Haan, one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy. He'll take any job but the price is not cheap. He sports a vibro-axe with a wrench attachment. Whenever you see him you best beware.......

I hope you enjoy it!
-Captain Flak :D
Last edited by Captain Flak on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't got no money, don't buy nuthin'!
Captain Flak

Postby pastormacman » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Nice build Captain Sambuca. It has a very "Star Warsy" feel to it. It looks like it was made by the same company that made the speeder Anakin and Obi borrowed to chase down Zam in Ep2. Love the back story too. "Rules? In a knife fight? There's no rules!"

Rook yours is very sharp too. Very clean.
pastormacman

Postby Lazerblade » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:26 pm

As far as the picture is, is editing the background allowed? Example: White Background with shadow. :D
Lazerblade

Postby Adrian Industries » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:05 pm

So how exactly do we vote?
Adrian Industries

Postby volumex » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:08 pm

wow, the entries so far are looking good, everybody playing by the rules....
Nice job lads, wishing all bounty's the best of luck! XD
volumex

Postby volumex » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:14 pm

My fbtb name and flicker account are different? is this okay? As here I'm volumex and on flicker I could not use same name?
All good Solo? :facepalm:
volumex

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds