Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Fetts For February

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Fetts For February

Postby onions » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:28 pm

This month's contest is a bit off the beaten path and a little self-serving. Okay, a lot self-serving. There's no building component, no voting. All you have to do is be able to write. There are two ways to win:

Category 1) Write a review. Pick any Star Wars set from 2010 or 2011 or a Toy Story set and write a review, complete with pictures, and post it on our review board. You can enter more than once, but you can only win once. Spamming the board with half hearted reviews will only hurt your chances. Five winners will be chosen by the staff. Ignoring the rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation will only hurt your chances.

Category 2) Write a comment. Visit our set guide for Star Wars or Toy Story. Add a comment for any of the sets following the established format. You can enter more than once, but you can only win once. Spamming the board with half hearted comments will only hurt your chances. Five winners will be chosen by staff. Ignoring the rules of grammar, spelling and punctuation will only hurt your chances.

This is kind of an informal contest, hence why it's not announced on the front page. I'm still working on putting together a prize package, but at a minimum all 10 winners will receive a white Boba Fett MISB promo figure.

You have until 11:59pm PST February 28, 2011 to submit your reviews and comments. Only submissions posted after the date stamp of this post will be eligible.

Questions? Post 'em here and I'll do my best to answer them.
onions
Damp Noodle

Re: Fetts For February

Postby meeotch » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:41 pm

Do only comments posted after Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:28 pm count?

By the way, I think this is a great idea to get the discussion about the sets a bit livelier.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Jargon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:17 am

Well, you're appealing to my selfish side and I have to say, it'll probably work. Well done, gents.
Jargon

Postby onions » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:45 am

yes, only submissions after today will count towards the contest. the op has been updated.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Stardusty » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:59 am

Great, really great. This is best contest ever (because it's about reviews) and I don't have any set to review.
My birthday is on 27th February and there's no way to make that review in one day.

This is great contest, to bad I have done review of GGS for Eurobricks Reviewers Academy, but maybe I'll find a way
to make a review for it.
Stardusty

Postby Flynn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:13 pm

I realize this is kind of a silly question, but I presume you actually have to own the set to make a review of it?
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby onions » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Yep.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Epic Emperor » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:41 am

How exactly do you enter the contest? Is it enough to post the link here once the the review/comment is written?
Epic Emperor

Postby onions » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:35 pm

you don't need to post anything here, i'll be on the lookout for them in their respective forums.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby MisterFubar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:35 pm

I've been looking for a kick in the pants to finally get around to reviewing or commenting on some sets.

Great contest.
MisterFubar

Postby Stardusty » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:35 pm

I believe that deadline will stay the same.
To bad, I have really wanted to enter this contest. :(
Stardusty

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:42 am

Have there been any winners drawn for this event yet?
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:47 am

I'm wondering, too. I suppose the nature of the contest on the admin side involves a little more work than usual, i.e. reading, plus other things going on. But, how many people wrote full reviews? It looks less than five, however, there are several comments. I just hope my review doesn't get lost in the others.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Epic Emperor » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:53 am

I'm sure the whole podracer contest (including the poll and all those rule questions) is quite some work, so I guess this contest just has to wait ;)
It is true that there are less than five complete reviews, though; but I think it is better to announce all ten(or less?) winners at once, so just be patient :)
Epic Emperor

Postby onions » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Sorry for the delay. You can thank Tohst for kicking me in the rear about this contest.

There were only a handful of reviews, and only two that were eligible. And the winners are:

-Tohst
-Epic Emperor

Congrats to the two of you. And because you guys took the time to do a comprehensive review, in addition to the White Boba Fett figure, you'll also be getting a 2010 product catalog and LEGOLAND 2010 Star Wars Days Duplo Brick.

Now, because there were only two review winners, i've decided to award 3 more set comment winners than the previously planned 5, so 8 in total. And they are:

- meeotch
- buriedbybricks
- flynn
- MisterFubar
- doodlebird
- Morgan19
- rook
- SuperDave

Congrats to the 8 of you.

To all 10 winners, send me a pm with your mailing and I'll send your package out toot sweet.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby cas » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Only two eligible reviews? How wasn't mine eligible, may I ask? I thought it followed the guidelines, what did I screw up on? Or was it just that bad? :(

Foiled again. Congrats to the winners.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:21 pm

whoops i don't know how i missed that one.

you win too! send me a pm with your mailing address. you'll get the "enhanced" package consisting of the catalog and the duplo brick to go along with your fett.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Solo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:06 pm

:facepalm:
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:33 pm

I'm not digging for prizes here, but just for the record, I also added a few comments during the month of Feb. (I also wrote 2 reviews, but just realized that they had to include pics to be eligible. Whoops!).

Anyway, this did seem like a great way to beef up the reviews section of the site - a great resource that you guys offer - and I'm sorry it didn't generate a bigger return!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Epic Emperor » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:54 am

Wow! This really made my day! :D

Thanks for this great contest, and congrats to the other winners as well!
I just send you my mailing address, I can't wait for the price package to arrive XD
Epic Emperor

Next

Return to Contests & Community Builds