Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2014: Steam Wars Returns Sweet Sixteen Results

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

MOC Madness 2014: Steam Wars Returns Sweet Sixteen Results

Postby Staff » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:50 am

Poll results are in and we have our Elite Eight ready to move on to the next round.You guys know the drill, next build deadline is another week away at 11:59PM PST on Saturday August 16th. The challenge this round is Walkers.  

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/08/10/moc-madn ... n-results/
Staff

Re: MOC Madness 2014: Steam Wars Returns Sweet Sixteen Res

Postby Chosen One » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:29 am

I know I'm in the minority here - But I really don't like this knock out format.

It denies builders with daily lives the time, to concentrate on a single model to really bring in the wow factor, which is somewhat lacking in this contest compared to the first Steampunk contest.

All the models have been great so far in this contest, but I feel could have been better with more time.

Eitherway, congrats to the winners.
Chosen One

Postby Solo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:01 pm

Understandable position, but MOC Madness is intentionally designed to not be an easy contest. It's a marathon challenge. Everyone has had since July 6th to work on their models to bring that wow factor to the table as well, that's why the challenges are stated up front.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Chosen One » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Fair enough! :cool:

I'm still looking to the final sprint in this contest.

And I'm also hoping that the next super hero contest (?) will be standard format, at least those with little time like myself, will be able to enter it!

Ciao-ciao
Chosen One

MOC Madness 2014: Steam Wars Returns Elite Eight Deadline Reminder

Postby Staff » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:00 pm

mocmadnesslogo2014-4Quick reminder to our remaining builders, the deadline for your walkers is just a day away at 11:59PM PST on Saturday August 16th. Submission threads below, polls will be up tomorrow night after midnight and will run for two days again:

goatman461 vs BrianRinker
rolli vs Mr.Brickman
artpants vs markus1984
Legopard vs MotionOTheOcean

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/08/15/moc-madness-2014-steam-wars-returns-elite-eight-deadline-reminder/
Staff

Return to Contests & Community Builds