Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Announcing MOC Madness 2014: Steam Wars Returns!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Announcing MOC Madness 2014: Steam Wars Returns!

Postby rolli » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:02 pm

Hey everyone, Solo here. Removing the disqualified entry with the broken images shifted woontze's entry onto the previous page. Since the poll links can't be changed without resetting the whole thing, here's his submission to make life easier:
woontze wrote:Hi everyone! Here's my entry to the competition, good luck everyone! :D

More pictures can be found at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/118366283@N07/sets/72157645938512831/

Cheers! :D
And now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast (rolli's original post):

Presenting another steampunked Slave 1:

Steampunked Slave 1 by Moriartus

One of those less-than-24h-builds to make a deadline - was challenging but very fun! Wonderful entries so far, best of luck to everyone and many thanks to fbtb for the contest!
Last edited by Solo on Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: problem fixin, don't mind me
rolli

Postby ted @ndes » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 pm

^ It's right there in the submission guidelines, and they've been 100% strict about those.
"Entries by proxy will be not be allowed."

It's a cool build too... markus1984 best find a way to log-in today and post the build himself.
ted @ndes
Alpha Male

Postby LN.01354 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:14 pm

I am sure that anyone would be glad to submit that model as their own! :lol: Best of luck to him, though.
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
Also, I'm on Flickr! Help a poor little boy, just trying to make his way in the MOCing world, all on his lonesome. Follow me! (please) :D :[/flickr]https://www.flickr.com/photos/126163229@N02/
LN.01354

Postby goatman461 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:30 pm

The contest would really suffer if Markus's build was excluded. His builds always raise the bar and I can't wait to see his other entries.
goatman461

Postby markus1984 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Many thanks to BrickVader for the help!
I dont understand but i cant Log in to FBTB with my home Computer or my Laptop?!
But with the smartphone it Works - really silli!

Hope it's so ok for the Jury and i Hope the Problem with the Log in is done the next days :)

Many thanks
Markus
markus1984

Postby legoloco » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Introducing Lord Rufus Aurelius' fantastic flying contraption. Lord Aurelius was a member of the Royal Academy of Science and a world renown metallurgist and engineer prior to the outbreak of hostilities between the Empire and the Alliance of Nations. The Empire's propaganda machine enjoyed referring to them as a "Rebel Alliance."

Twin side engines are steam driven from the main engine compartment. Lord Aurelius used his knowledge of metallurgy to select a radioactive ore that would vaporize water in his steam engine. The engine has dense shielding to protect the pilot from radioactivity. The flying contraption was designed to optimize speed and maneuverability. The only armament is a large canon that uses steam pressure to launch a high density projectile at speeds great enough to penetrate rolled plate armor.

Front:
004 by David Peña, on Flickr

Top:
007 by David Peña, on Flickr

Side:
001 by David Peña, on Flickr

Here is the link to the Flickr Gallery:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjZs8gQ9

I've long enjoyed the building contests FBTB has hosted and I've often gone through the planning stages to enter them. I've even made bricklink purchases to support a build idea and then work or life would get hectic and I wouldn't finish anything. I decided to make the time for this contest because I regretted missing the first steam punk contest in 2008.

I tend to enjoy very minimalist models and that is why my TIE Fighter inspired model does not have the standard large ion engines. I went through about 6 variations but I liked this version the best. There have been a lot of great entries so far, thanks for putting on the contest!
legoloco

Postby madLEGOman » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Lots of cool steam coming in guys, keep it up. We're coming in to the home stretch.
Sweet b-wing too. Hope you guys figure out the submission thing. Good luck all.
madLEGOman

Postby JTrue » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Here is my Jedi Star fighter. No cool back story like a lot of people have on here no time :( the pilot is just good ol' Anakin Skyhopper Jedi pilot extraordinaire. please note th er2 unit as it is one of my personal favorite features on this build and it doesn't show up very obviously in the pictures. Really Enjoying seeing everyone's builds so far fantastic jobs all the way around. Also I hope the pictures show up I'm very new to the whole flickr thing and I'm not sure I Embedding thing correctly

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123523291@N05/sets/72157645946530762/

ImageIMG_20140725_224805_414 by sharpdressedman86, on Flickr
ImageIMG_20140725_225021_978 by sharpdressedman86, on Flickr
ImageIMG_20140725_224924_308 by sharpdressedman86, on Flickr
Last edited by Solo on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I fixed your images for you - you need to click the little arrow Icon on the photo page ans select the BBCode option to get the embed links.
JTrue

Postby DarthDave » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:12 pm

HMS PhoeniX-Wing piloted by Lady Lucille Organa. The steam powered PhoeniX-Wing was devised by the Rebel Alliance as a means to defend against the Empire's TIE legion.

image by Lego Mecha, on Flickr

Last edited by DarthDave on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthDave

Postby Solo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 pm

markus1984 wrote:Many thanks to BrickVader for the help!
I dont understand but i cant Log in to FBTB with my home Computer or my Laptop?!
But with the smartphone it Works - really silli!

Hope it's so ok for the Jury and i Hope the Problem with the Log in is done the next days :)

Many thanks
Markus

Don't know why you can't log in buy I fixed your submission post so you can join the contest. I fixed JTrue's post too. I'm feeling generous. Usually I just disqualify anyone who doesn't manage to submit them correctly, but you guys went through the effort to build so I want you to be able to participate.

We're up to 51 entries and just under six hours remaining. Wonder how many we'll wind up with?

*Edit to clarify: this is why neither of these builders were disqualified. I had already helped them with their entries before the deadline, which I'm happy do do for anyone, but I forgot to remove the post by Brick Vader. All of this should have been resolved before the poll went up but I made a mistake. That's completely on me. If there was a broken image before the deadline I would have fixed that too, as I have done in other recent contests, but this time the change occurred several hours after the deadline. That's not even a grey area.
Last edited by Solo on Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: note added
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby VHPFAU » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:49 pm

...Behold the start of a new era for the transportation of our peace keepers...
...Presenting the Obadiah Von Kenobbi´s "KNIGHT INTERCEPTOR"...

MAIN PICTURE KNIGHT INTERCEPTOR por VHPFAU, en Flickr

KNIGHT INTERCEPTOR 2 por VHPFAU, en Flickr

Obadiah Von Kenobbi por VHPFAU, en Flickr

More in the album https://www.flickr.com/photos/63823890@ ... 544543870/
VHPFAU

Postby LN.01354 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Really nervous...I was the third entry, and saw every other entry come in after mine. Increasingly better builds, picture quality, creativity...let's just say that I feel like I have less of a chance now. ( :lol: and :( ) Nevertheless, good luck. May the steam pressure be with us all!!
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
Also, I'm on Flickr! Help a poor little boy, just trying to make his way in the MOCing world, all on his lonesome. Follow me! (please) :D :[/flickr]https://www.flickr.com/photos/126163229@N02/
LN.01354

Postby ltgunther987 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Launched from one of the hundreds of airship carriers of the Imperium, the Twin Independent Engine Interceptor is a vast improvement from the older Fighter mono-wing model. It has double the armament on its canted wings and is powered by the latest boiler system making it one of the fastest fighters in the skies. Though the small hotbox only allows a limited flight time compared to the long range Independent fighters, the sheer numbers of craft launched by the Imperium is sure to guarantee victory.

Image104_0195 by ltgunther, on Flickr

Image104_0214 by ltgunther, on Flickr

Image104_0203 by ltgunther, on Flickr
ltgunther987

Postby rifflestein » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Finally managed to finish this guy and get some half-decent pictures. Hopefully the build will make up for the poor photo quality. :roll:

Introducing the ARCangel

The icon of Her Majesty's Royal Air Force, the ARCangel is a fast and deadly fighter. Sporting a heavy machine gun on each main wing and a tail machine gun, it can more than hold its own in a dogfight.

The ARCangel is crewed by two pilots of the 170th squadron, the Queen's royal guard. The members of the 170th adhere to an extremely strict uniform that includes having identical hair, and no facial hair. This is to remind them that they are serving not as individuals, but as a single body to keep Her Majesty safe from Her enemies. Noble as this may be, it has been remarked that they all end up looking like exact clones of each other, and some find it unsettling.

Really cool to see what people are doing with this concept. Good luck to everyone! :D
rifflestein

Postby TheNittanyKnight » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:29 pm

Twin-Propeller Interstellar Explorer Interceptor

The Twin Propeller Interstellar Explorer (TIE) Project started with the idea of putting a bathysphere into space. After that, the concept evolved to incorporate pylons to increase flight stability and armament to allow for combat utility. The TIE Interceptor combined the two additions creating a strong balance between firepower and maneuverability, making it a powerful and versitile fighter in the skies.

ImageTIE Interceptor by gtbuell_23, on Flickr

Side View
ImageTIE Interceptor Side by gtbuell_23, on Flickr

Pilot Climbing Ladder In
ImageTIE Interceptor Close-up by gtbuell_23, on Flickr
TheNittanyKnight

Postby Dohed43 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Introducing the XR71 Steamhawk, flown by the inventor and master alchemist, Prof. June Verles. He constructed the ship himself, based on schematics he acquired while on a somewhat accidental journey into the future.
ImageXR71 Steamhawk by CleverNiftyDude, on Flickr
Good Luck to all the other entries, there are some great ones as usual, and bravo to FBTB for another cool contest.
Cheers
CleverNiftyDude
Last edited by Solo on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed your pics.
Dohed43

Postby Solo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Up to 55 entries with 90 minutes to go! Anyone gonna jump in at the last minute?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby UOldPirate » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:40 pm

Presenting Professor Reddick F. Ive's Cross-winged Flyer

Reddick F. Ives Cross-winged Flyer - 1 by churgrim, on Flickr

Reddick F. Ives Cross-winged Flyer - 2 by churgrim, on Flickr

Reddick F. Ives Cross-winged Flyer - 3 by churgrim, on Flickr

Good luck with the contest FBTB-ers! So many great entries!
Last edited by UOldPirate on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOldPirate

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Great turnout as always. I was hoping to participate but I guess starfighters aren't really my thing (I would have been more likely to enter if the Zam Weasel's airspeeder I had planned for round 2 had been allowed in round 1). Regardless, great entries all around and good luck in the coming weeks, I look forward to following this further.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Solo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:42 pm

Less that 20 minutes left!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds