Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

And The Winners Are...

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: And The Winners Are...

Postby The Brain » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Wow, this was fun to watch all the way through. The pods were designed masterfully, and I couldn't agree more with the final outcome. Great job to all the builders, congrats to the big 3 winners, and big thumbs up for the admin--especially Don--for spending hours each day organizing this (mostly) flawlessly. Don should totally get a life though (I kid, I kid.) ;) :lol:
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Chief » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:10 pm

I'm going to win the next contest. Just watch me!!1!

(congrats weiners. props don for running the polls, you are far more organized and patient than me!)
Chief

Postby Septemris » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:30 am

What a great contest! It was really fun to follow.

Too bad it was ruined by the Turk scandal at the end.
Junsier should be compensated for having his pod stolen.
Bad Turk! Baaad Turk!
© Bernard
Septemris

Postby Artizan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 am

congrats to the three winners and kudos to everyone who participated! it was very fun to watch the race from Jabba's balcony :lol:
Artizan

Postby Turkguy19 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:41 am

Septemris wrote:What a great contest! It was really fun to follow.

Too bad it was ruined by the Turk scandal at the end.
Junsier should be compensated for having his pod stolen.
Bad Turk! Baaad Turk!

Hey, I didn't steal his design, I posted it first darn it, not my fault he took so long to post it :p
Turkguy19

Postby LL918 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:20 pm

Congratulations to the winners, well done to all the entrants, and thanks to the staff (particularly Don of course) for their efforts.

Who would have known that such a tedious scene from the film could have been so much fun in the FBTB / LEGO context?

As for the voting rounds I particularly liked the elimination round and the first couple of laps - being able to revisit the poll and see the result as it progressed until the end actually gave the feel of a race in progress.

The question that remains is if this will be an annual event (as suggested in the opening commentary from the elimination round) or has Don decided that it was all too much effort to repeat?
LL918

Postby Solo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 pm

If all goes well it would be a nice contest to repeat. Ask again in a year. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Larry Lars » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:46 am

Congratulations to Turkguy19 and Pepa Quin, ...and big thanks to everyone who voted for me to be up there with them.
The race was really exciting for me as well, and I think that all the work setting up all the voting rounds with different rules payed off. Well done , Don Solo!

Thanks to everyone at FBTB for a great contest.
Larry Lars

Postby Purplebrick » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:34 pm

This is a great contest, inspired by the impressive lego art works here, I built a dragon podracer for fun, although not being part of the contest (I am only a beginner), I enjoyed much in the building process.

FBTB is a site that I missed before from this part of the world, and I hope I can learn and see more from everyone of you.
Purplebrick

Previous

Return to Contests & Community Builds