Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Last 2013 MOC Madness Tournament Announcement

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

The Last 2013 MOC Madness Tournament Announcement

Postby Staff » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:24 am

It's finally over! The last polls ended a few hours ago and here are the final results:

In first place, pulling ahead with 82% of the final poll, BrickJunkie's S-Wing "Sue Ann" piloted by Jud raynor:
ImageComplete with rotating blades underneath. Awesome play feature that I'm sure helped sway more than a few voters.

Slithering into second, majortom's Spirilium Stealth fighter with Hando Tanstarii:
ImageA pretty wild design and one of the most interesting cockpits in the contest to boot.

And lastly, taking third place with 84% of the runners up poll, halfbeak's V-Wing piloted by Pokludix Zaa:
ImageExcellent use of the Christmas ornament ball and eye catching colorscheme.

I want to again thank everyone who participated for their hard work building all these crazy ships and trudging through the myriad of polls for the past two months. These contests would be nothing without your involvement and support, and you never fail to impress. Congratulations to the winners, and good luck to everyone in the next contest whenever I recover from the exhaustion this one brought on.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/01/07/the-last-2013-moc-madness-tournament-announcement/
Staff

Re: The Last 2013 MOC Madness Tournament Announcement

Postby captain sambuca » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:16 pm

This has to have been the most exciting competition you chaps have ever hosted! Absolutely stunning! Congratulations to all the builders for your creativity and commitment and your resistance to just show off your best pieces! Congratulations to all the admins and masterminds for your hard work and effort and your belief in doing something a whole load trickier just because it's better! Congratulations to all the voters, because the world always needs voters! And finally a tiny kick up the elbow to all those like me who couldn't put aside the time required over the holiday period, but ended up regretting that decision loads, and then not so much because the quality of the builds was just so spectacular we would have been blown out of the water anyway!

big love FBTBers, play well!
captain sambuca

Postby naugem » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Congrats to the winners!

It was a great contest. The only thing I didn't like was that I was eliminated too quickly :facepalm:
I hope the next SW-related contest comes around soon.
naugem

Postby murphquake » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:09 pm

im glad i didn't have to go up against these guys in the end! Congrats to everyone who built and especially everyone who won! I'm impressed that like 120+ ships got built for the contest and so many were superb. I'm really proud of what i managed to come up with and glad I got to go up against some great builders. I hope this kind of building intensive contest becomes popular as the unique challenges it presented really brought out the best in some people.

Kudos BrickJunky, MajorTom, HalfBeak and SiMocs for making it this far!
murphquake

Postby onions » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:46 am

gotta make sure we kick off our tournament in the summer for this year. the holidays put a damper on things for sure. ah well, live and learn.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby sparkart » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:55 am

I was relieved to get kicked out in the first round. The pressure of having to MOC madly with the holidays, work year-end goals, work travel, and moving to a new house would have driven me mad.

I really enjoyed seeing the incredible creations. The final ships were fine, but my favorites (from these builders, and others) showed up in the middle of the contest's timeline.
sparkart

Postby Si-Mocs » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:09 pm

Congrats everyone!

Easily the best three of that last group, you guys show perseverance and sheer creativity to make it all the way to the end, great job guys! ;)

I must say that this was a fantastic contest and really fun to do, even if you had to build 5 in 2 weeks before holidays haha.
Si-Mocs

Postby Rook » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:57 am

sparkart wrote:I was relieved to get kicked out in the first round. The pressure of having to MOC madly with the holidays, work year-end goals, work travel, and moving to a new house would have driven me mad.

I really enjoyed seeing the incredible creations. The final ships were fine, but my favorites (from these builders, and others) showed up in the middle of the contest's timeline.

I was thinking round 2 or round 3 would be a good time too for that very reason. :x
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Return to Contests & Community Builds