Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness Final Round: Hando Tanstarii vs Jud Raynor

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

S

Poll ended at Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:14 pm

18%
82%

Total votes : 87

MOC Madness Final Round: Hando Tanstarii vs Jud Raynor

Postby Solo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:26 am

This is now the polling thread for the ships shown above. This poll will be open for exactly 48 hours so get those votes in quick! You can still view the entries below. Contestants: this is a friendly reminder that no changes are allowed after the deadline, so your posts will be locked and if any of the photos in them change you will be disqualified.

This is the submission thread for the pilots listed above. Your letter this round is S.

The deadline for this round is 8pm Pacific time next Saturday, January 4th.

Post your starfighter photos below. Include up to three photos and label them as follows: one you'd like to use as the polling image, one demonstrating the letter, and one showing your pilot in the cockpit. Standard photography restrictions apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC Madness Final Round: Hando Tanstarii vs Jud Raynor

Postby majortom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:48 am

Polling shot:

Untitled by -majortom-, on Flickr

'S' shape:

FBTB Alphabet Fighter Contest: Final Round: S by -majortom-, on Flickr

Cockpit:

FBTB Alphabet Fighter Contest: Final Round: S by -majortom-, on Flickr

I've had so much fun over the last month of building. This contest has definitely brought me out of that 'dark age' you hear so many builders talking about, so thank you FBTB! Hopefully there are many more builds to come. Here is my interpretation of an S fighter, I hope you like it!

The Spirilium Stealth fighter was a vehicle originally owned and piloted by the Sith Lord Nodus Anguem. The strange craft is a curious organic structure imbued with the dark side of the force. It takes one of great constitution and will to control such a craft and places great mental and emotional demand on the pilot- Hando is taking a risk on what could be his final outing. The craft is extremely agile and nigh on undetectable, even by the galaxy's most advanced ships.
Last edited by majortom on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
majortom

Postby BrickJunky » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:20 am

Love the idea majortom! I like the organic styling. Just got back in town… mine will be up soon.
BrickJunky

Postby Solo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Cool beans. Y'all have until tomorrow night at 8pm to submit or make any changes. I'll post the official reminder tonight so everyone knows to get ready to vote.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby BrickJunky » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:28 pm

S-Wing_Sue Ann by BrickJunky, on Flickr
S-Wing_Sue Ann S Shot by BrickJunky, on FlickrImage
S-Wing_Sue Ann Cockpit Closed by BrickJunky, on Flickr

Well Jud has been working on ships a long time, and finally has decided to put his toolbox away. With an aching back, and plenty of ships to play with, he is going to retire someplace nice and quiet. His last ship that he rebuilt, was an SA-S-Wing, or as he calls her, Sue Ann. When she was in production She handled heavy artillery on the front lines. She carries a rocket turret with plenty of ammo, with a few laser cannons up front. She is pushed by a decent rear thruster, with powerful underbelly propulsion engines. Protecting her belly is a precision set of rotating blades incase anyone gets to close!

I just have to say that I have had a blast building. There were so many incredible ships built, giving me some great inspiration and ideas. Thanks to everyone involved.

Make sure you check out the video of the rotating blades, powered by my 5 year old son!
BrickJunky

Postby Automaton Pictures » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Wow, both such wonderful entries! Best of luck to both of you!
Automaton Pictures

Postby dodge » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:34 am

Excellent work! A great final to be sure. Good luck!
dodge

Postby lego-runner » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:34 am

Solo it says I get two votes is that right?
lego-runner

Postby xiei22 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:55 pm

such a difficult choice for a final round!!!!! (and, such a difficult LETTER)...well done both of you! both designs are something worth enought for a winner!
xiei22

Postby Morgan19 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:40 pm

lego-runner wrote:Solo it says I get two votes is that right?

Same here... Must be a goof.
Morgan19

Postby Solo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:41 pm

lego-runner wrote:Solo it says I get two votes is that right?

No, you should only have one vote. I think I might have messed something up if you have the option to vote twice.

edit:
I had the settings flipped, they are correct now and both polls will end tomorrow night as planned. None of the votes were lost, so that's a relief, but If anyone voted for both already... you can't change your vote, so, :facepalm:. I'm just going to hope everyone understood the idea behind the poll and actually choose one or the other instead of wasting their chance to test a theory. If you did, PM me before the polls close. If it's a close race and it might make the difference I'll worry about it, but for now it's not an issue. Thanks for the heads up. I would have been very confused fifteen minutes from now when the polls mistakenly closed a day early.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Midi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:46 am

Brilliant Build guyss.. a great final! good luck for both of youse! awesome competition and a joy to witness
Midi

Postby rodiziorobs » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:22 am

Such a hard choice! I love the S on the second, but I am tempted to vote for the first just because of the way the cockpit is styled. Well played, both of you!
rodiziorobs

Postby banthafodder » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Fantastic builds from both of you. I thought this one would have been closer. Congratulations to you both.
banthafodder

Postby Rook » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Wow just goes to show it was more about the ship this year than the letter. Take notes for all of us that spent too much time working on the letter. Congrats to you both for making the finals. :thumbsup:
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Return to Contests & Community Builds