Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2013 Round 2: Pangdarr Orzo vs Kass Mothma

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

T

Poll ended at Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:09 am

47%
53%

Total votes : 85

MOC Madness 2013 Round 2: Pangdarr Orzo vs Kass Mothma

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:00 am

This is now the polling thread for the ships shown above. This poll will be open for exactly 48 hours so get those votes in quick! You can still view the entries below. Contestants: this is a friendly reminder that no changes are allowed after the deadline, so your posts will be locked and if any of the photos in them change you will be disqualified.

This is the submission thread for the pilots listed above. Your letter this round is T.

The deadline for this round is 8pm Pacific time next Sunday, December 1st.

Post your starfighter photos below. Include up to three photos and label them as follows: one you'd like to use as the polling image, one demonstrating the letter, and one showing your pilot in the cockpit. Standard photography restrictions apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC Madness 2013 Round 2: Pangdarr Orzo vs Kass Mothma

Postby Midi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Oh my 1st Dec, thought we would have one week after the voting ends and deadline estimate would be on the 3rd cos im on holiday in Phuket till the 3rd lol, i believe i cant submit a digital build right? so i guess its going to be a no show for me, shame on me, should have prepared my 2nd round build, didnt expect to go through though. Good luck Maclane for the next round :) will continue voting the rest of the builds. thanks again fbtb!
Midi

Postby Solo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Aw man, that's too bad. No chance at all even for a rushed entry?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Midi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:08 am

i would if i could, but im already in Phuket. Could have rushed a build on the 3rd but my estimate/assumption for the next dateline was wrong, oh well... atleast ive enjoyed my participation and cant wait how this tourney progress.
Midi

Postby MacLane » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:14 pm

This is truly a bummer. Is there any way we could push the deadline a couple of days?
MacLane
Oh Chibi, You're So Fine You're So Fine You Blow My Mind, Hey Chibi! Hey Chibi!

Postby MacLane » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:54 pm

T-Wing Fighter

Polling Image

Letter Image

Pangdarr in the cockpit

Thanks again for a great contest. Good luck to all!
MacLane

Postby Midi » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:45 am

Whoa I've just read the news regarding the dateline extension, so I guess I'll throw in a quick build if that's okay?
Midi

Postby Midi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:36 pm

T-AG Fighter

Poll Image
T-AG Fighter by m1di, on Flickr

Letter Image

Cockpit Image

After barely escaping imperial fleest with the old Z-AV, Kass Mothma realized that he needed more speed and better control, with that in mind he decided to do some modifications to it, to keep it lightweight, the laser canon had been removed and replaced with 4 homing ion missiles and laser turrets, for better control wings were added, and for more speed a much powerful central engine installed along with maneuver assist engines at the end of the wings for a much needed agilty and renamed the fighter T-AG for its shape an agility.

Thanks again and glad there's an extension although its quite a rush and lacking of ideas but glad i can do a decent build.

Good Luck Maclane really loving the build the sporty stripe and the color. great fighter!
Midi

Postby Rook » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:15 am

Wow I think I might have to dig through your Flickr accounts for alt images because based on these 3 images each, it's a deadlock. O.O

Ok after about 3-4 minutes in each account, my vote has been cast.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Midi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:05 am

Rook wrote:Wow I think I might have to dig through your Flickr accounts for alt images because based on these 3 images each, it's a deadlock. O.O

Ok after about 3-4 minutes in each account, my vote has been cast.

You're right, the result almost a tie... Without the extension I won't be able to submit my build.
Midi

Postby murphquake » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:29 am

i voted on every match up in the contest but this one right away... as soon as i saw the Blue & Orange & White, the beloved colors I've worn on my sleeve for so many years as a NYC Paramedic and the glorious shades of my NY Mets & Knicks I fell in love with MacLane's build... And could you ask for more gracious a dude, asking for an extension to be made so his opponent would have a chance to compete. But when I saw Midi's ship I loved it, it was so much awesome and knowing how little time he had to build it and get it in AND that he beat me to posting when I had the whole time to build I knew he was going to get my vote just out of respect for the feat... but I couldn't click the button... finally last night I sat and stared the pics down and checked the others on flickr.... so many things are perfect in both builds, I really felt bad about not wanting to vote for my colors, and I wondered if i was giving MacLane the short end unfairly...

After 50 or so decisions i've come up with a set of aesthetic criteria (sorry, watched "Annie Hall" the other day, one of my favorite lines =-) and certain things in each build added up where I was still in favor of Midi as much as I wanted to vote for Angus.... Now I'm glad I chose to go that way, I think Midi should be really proud to beat such an amazing build in such short order with his rapid fire building ninjitsu (you can trademark that for yourself pal). Even more I'm proud of MacLane for putting fairness ahead of an easy win, especially when so many of us thought you had this round on lock. Well played both of you!
murphquake

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:47 am

Congratulations Midi. I admit I'm a bit surprised that Maclane was beaten this early.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby majortom » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:51 am

Agreed! Definitely one of the hardest match ups thus far. Congrats to both of you, and I guess I'll see Midi for the next round... Can't wait to see what you come up with!
majortom

Postby MacLane » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:18 am

Congratulations to Midi. Good luck in the next round. Honestly it is a bit of a relief with the holidays coming up. I had been planning ahead and built the next couple of fighters so I'll post them on my Flickr in the next week for anyone interested. Thanks for another great contest, FBTB. This was one of the best yet.
MacLane

Postby halfbeak » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:47 pm

This was so close, both perfect T wings in their own way. An epic battle and congrats to Midi!
halfbeak

Postby Midi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks guys for the encouraging words, I'm surprised myself, When I saw maclane's first round Starfighter on my way to Phuket I said to myself there's no way I can get through 2nd round and eventually knowing the deadline was much earlier than I expected I was somewhat glad and straight ahead posted the news to expect a no show from me.

Back from Phuket and found out the news there was an extension by FBTB and Maclane even requested of an extension above, I end up staying up all night to come up with a build as a thank you for the opportunity. So again I'm surprised by the result and thankful, this has been a great learning experience for me :)
Midi

Return to Contests & Community Builds