Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2013 Round 2: Galarius Heirloom vs Marty Bishop

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

E

Poll ended at Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:09 am

93%
8%

Total votes : 80

MOC Madness 2013 Round 2: Galarius Heirloom vs Marty Bishop

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:00 am

This is now the polling thread for the ships shown above. This poll will be open for exactly 48 hours so get those votes in quick! You can still view the entries below. Contestants: this is a friendly reminder that no changes are allowed after the deadline, so your posts will be locked and if any of the photos in them change you will be disqualified.

This is the submission thread for the pilots listed above. Your letter this round is E.

The deadline for this round is 8pm Pacific time next Sunday, December 1st.

Post your starfighter photos below. Include up to three photos and label them as follows: one you'd like to use as the polling image, one demonstrating the letter, and one showing your pilot in the cockpit. Standard photography restrictions apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC Madness 2013 Round 2: Galarius Heirloom vs Marty Bis

Postby agrahmann » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:02 am

I'm just realizing how absolutely bonkers this contest is - it's a marathon, for sure.

Also, I'm leaving right now to travel for the Thanksgiving holiday and won't be home (and back with my full Lego stash) until Sunday around 7pm. I'm going to take a few key elements with me and pray for a few free moments to build at the in-laws' house or even in the car as my wife drives, but something tells me that won't go over very well. :) What a hilarious added ripple to this challenge.
agrahmann

Postby rodiziorobs » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:20 pm

agrahmann wrote:I'm going to take a few key elements with me and pray for a few free moments to build at the in-laws' house or even in the car as my wife drives, but something tells me that won't go over very well. :) What a hilarious added ripple to this challenge.

Ha ha, I thought of doing the same, but I know how it would end. Luckily I already started, but I hope I have time to finish.
rodiziorobs

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:00 pm

You have my sympathies and I wish you the best. No matter what you come up with, please post it. A hilariously unfinished entry is still better than no entry at all right?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Flynn » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:44 am

I can't tell you how much it would tempt me to vote for a creation that was a hastily-constructed cockpit with a couple plates attached that make up an E. It would be glorious.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Rook » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 am

And a single entry is a win. Make them earn it. Even if it's just a cockpit and some hinges. :D
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby dWhisper » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:50 am

I'd be much more inclined to vote for a guy in an enclosed cockpit holding a printed letter tile with an E on it...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby agrahmann » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Right when he was starting to enjoy his Thanksgiving dinner, Little Marty Bishop was forced into his second assignment - this time aboard the experimental E.e.-Class fighter. Whether seen from the lowercase side or the uppercase top, Marty's situation was dire - and made no easier by the fact that he had no controls. At least he had his drumstick. Happy Thanksgiving, Marty!

1ship by agrahmann, on Flickr

2capletter by agrahmann, on Flickr

3pilot by agrahmann, on Flickr

Check out the alternate, lowercase view on my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/agrahmann/
agrahmann

Postby Solo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:25 am

Dude. Yes.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby JackJonespaw » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:24 am

That looks amazing! Wow.
JackJonespaw

Postby LEGOlas van Elven » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:35 am

Here goes round 2:

The MiniE fighter polling picture by The Corner Builder, on Flickr

The MiniE fighter letter by The Corner Builder, on Flickr

The MiniE fighter cockpit by The Corner Builder, on Flickr

Officially designated the Minasian E Starfighter for some reason only known to the being in charge of marketing; the Miansian E was produced by Kuat Drive Yards and called the MiniE by every pilot to ever fly it. Galarius Heirloom got his hands on one at a liquidation auction for a measly 1000 credits. He discovered that the MiniE is a rice grinder of great repute and has every intention of keeping this ridiculously small and capable fighter from ever leaving his hands.
You have my bow! (as soon as I get it)
LEGOlas van Elven

Postby LEGOlas van Elven » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:37 am

Good luck agrahmann! Your ship is great and very complicated looking! May the best E win!
You have my bow! (as soon as I get it)
LEGOlas van Elven

Postby agrahmann » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 am

Love the color scheme on yours, LEGOlas! This'll be a good round!
agrahmann

Return to Contests & Community Builds