Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2013 Round 2: Zippity Aviary vs Alterf Skendif

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

D

Poll ended at Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:09 am

32%
68%

Total votes : 79

MOC Madness 2013 Round 2: Zippity Aviary vs Alterf Skendif

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:00 am

This is now the polling thread for the ships shown above. This poll will be open for exactly 48 hours so get those votes in quick! You can still view the entries below. Contestants: this is a friendly reminder that no changes are allowed after the deadline, so your posts will be locked and if any of the photos in them change you will be disqualified.

This is the submission thread for the pilots listed above. Your letter this round is D.

The deadline for this round is 8pm Pacific time next Sunday, December 1st.

Post your starfighter photos below. Include up to three photos and label them as follows: one you'd like to use as the polling image, one demonstrating the letter, and one showing your pilot in the cockpit. Standard photography restrictions apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC Madness 2013 Round 2: Zippity Aviary vs Alterf Skend

Postby Automaton Pictures » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:54 am

Alterf Skendiv and I are delighted to duel with you this round! I wasn't expecting the 5 day deadline, so I mustn't dilly-dally! I must admit, your building skills are daunting!
Adieu, and good luck!
- :) Jack & Alterf :)

(Inspired by Adam Dodge's opening comment for this round.)
Automaton Pictures

Postby murphquake » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:19 pm

ZeeAye just sat there... he wondered how serious Alterf & Jack were when they said "duel"? His hand was already on his blaster under the table, just like he had taught that Solo fellow. Zippity meant business, always did, but what was their angle... suddleny bill came back from the bar...with 4 cups of whatever the guy gives you when you pull his tunic and say "i'll have one of those" ZA relaxed just a bit, they were friendly competition, just a couple guys from the flickr rim ready to do the job. "Thanks J & A, I'm looking forward to it too!" Bill passed out the drinks and asked how Jack & Alterf have been doing, "you old pirates...."
murphquake

Postby dodge » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Automaton Pictures wrote:Alterf Skendiv and I are delighted to duel with you this round! I wasn't expecting the 5 day deadline, so I mustn't dilly-dally! I must admit, your building skills are daunting!
Adieu, and good luck!
- :) Jack & Alterf :)

(Inspired by Adam Dodge's opening comment for this round.)

Nicely done sir!
dodge

Postby murphquake » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:01 am

I didn't catch the letter/word game until I saw your thread dodge... makes this even more fun
murphquake

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:09 am

Good luck the both of you! A shame that some of my favorite guys in this contest are coming against each other so early.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby murphquake » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Zippity Aviary's D-Wing Starfighter (ZeeAye Shipyards DWYCK-92 Scout/Patrol Fighter)

Here's where you put the story when you write it... getting tight on time lemme post this then write my nonsense and edit this! thought Zippity...

The message was garbled but ZeeAye knew what he had to do. First things first he would collect the necessary supplies and pay a visit to his favorite spice den, hopefully Tahsoka Ano was there, he kind of had a thing for her. Years ago Zippity had a contract that required a special ship. Dr. Aviary built the DWYCK with misdirection in mind... at first glance it seemed to have just two small blasters in the nose, about right for anyone who might have business in the Outer Rim. But Zippity wasn't just anyone...

The ship was powered by a new modification of the standard Girodyne sublight engines he'd ordered for so many of his commissioned ships, but he had a new wrinkle on the old workhorse. By redirecting the powerflow as only Doc Zip could he was able to double the power while maintaining his full cruising range and actually increased maneuverability. This was standard fare for Z.A., the real stroke of genius proved to be a completely new type of hyperdrive that could get point SIX past light speed! Of course Zippity didn't advertise that. He painted it brightly to affect the look of a cruising yacht and disguised the real weapons load... Docking port stabilizers? who needs em! Zippity disguised a pair of rapid fire laser canons where similar craft might have had docking clamps... he wasn't making friends or inspecting ships... he was there for The Job and to get out. He didn't think anyone would like what they got if they got in his way. A full salvo of Zippity Industries top of the line homing missles with multipurpose programmable warheads would easily take out a SUPER Star Destroyer.

Even though it was just made for a contract it soon became one of Zippity's favorite ship, almost as synonymous with his arrival as sabotage, meyhem and destruction.

Poor Alterf Skendif probably knew that the Gang Starr Guild wanted him out of business... he thought he could afford to deal with their annoyance, he was doing well... he couldn't know he was just a mark to the one man you couldn't afford to have coming for you. Zippity could feel the credits in his pouch already as he made his way through hyperspace Nice & Smooth

Thanks to Jack/Alterf/Automaton for the awesome competition and kind words this round!

More pics in the set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/murphquake ... 019772536/

DWYCK-92 Main by murphquake, on Flickr (Polling Image)

DWYCK-92 Letter by murphquake, on Flickr (Letter Profile)

DWYCK-92 Zippity by murphquake, on Flickr (Pilot In Cockpit)
Last edited by murphquake on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murphquake

Postby Automaton Pictures » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:31 pm

All right, here's my entry:

Kuat Drive Yards' QX-14 D-Wing Starfighter was a fast combat vessel during the reign of the Empire. It's most notable feature was the curved "wing" along the back, which could swivel about, allowing for extreme maneuverability and speed. While the famous Imperial spy Alterf Skendiv< preferred his stealthy I-Wing Starfighter, from time time he'd board a D-Wing due the superior speed capabilities.

Don, can this be both my letter image & my polling image? If not, you can use the other view for polling, I'd just prefer this one!
QX-14 D-Wing Starfighter by Automaton Pictures, on Flickr

Alternate configuration:

Alterf in the Cockpit:

For more pictures, go to my set on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/automatonpictures/sets/72157638367273856/
Hope you enjoyed, and best of luck murphquake/Zippity!

Don, if theres anything wrong with any of this, please let me know ASAP, as the deadline draws near! :O
Automaton Pictures

Postby murphquake » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Jack/AP/Alterf that thing is amazing! I'm pretty sure you're fine with the letter/polling being the same... can post 3 pics, must have at least one that satisfies each requirement (letter/pilot in cockpit) and the polling image is up to you... Love that Ten Numb face! Glad you made it, i was worried I wouldn't have anyone to blast into space particles ;-D

May the best ship win! Good luck Alterf Skendiv!
murphquake

Postby Automaton Pictures » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 pm

murphquake wrote:Jack/AP/Alterf that thing is amazing! I'm pretty sure you're fine with the letter/polling being the same... can post 3 pics, must have at least one that satisfies each requirement (letter/pilot in cockpit) and the polling image is up to you... Love that Ten Numb face! Glad you made it, i was worried I wouldn't have anyone to blast into space particles ;-D

May the best ship win! Good luck Alterf Skendiv!

Okay, thanks! I've been frantically takings pictures/editing over the past hour, thought I might not make it! I'm in awe of your ship, it's just brilliant!
Good luck, and may the best D-Wing win!

-Jack & Alterf
Automaton Pictures

Postby murphquake » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:58 pm

i was in the same boat... had great sunlight early this morning but when i finished the ship it was overcast and i decided to wait it out... and fell asleep... woke up early enough for it not to matter and got my pics done and decided i needed a little extra pew pew/fwooh/ka-blam! i'm really happy with how my polling image came out (im no photographer, that was done with a tablet an some desk lamps) Got my story posted now... 2 mins left in the contest... on and i'm on your 6.. pew pew pew pew pew!
murphquake

Postby xiei22 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:25 am

????!! ARe you kidding me?? HARD CHOICE!!! I really like both!!!
xiei22

Postby murphquake » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:11 am

Congratulations Jack & good luck in the coming rounds... now you have to win so i don't feel bad about losing to you ;-)
murphquake

Postby Automaton Pictures » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:38 am

murphquake wrote:Congratulations Jack & good luck in the coming rounds... now you have to win so i don't feel bad about losing to you ;-)

Wow, this has been a fantastic round murphquake/Zippity! Alterf and I've had a great time verbally jousting with you both ;) ! I'll say it again, Zippity's vessels have been amazing to view, all just awesome builds! You've been a wonderful and kind opponent to compete against!
Automaton Pictures

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:45 am

Congratulations to Automaton, condolences to Muphquake.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby murphquake » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:15 am

awwww shucks guys
murphquake

Return to Contests & Community Builds