Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

how does this conest thread work

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

how does this conest thread work

Postby chrislatta » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:40 am

can anyone tell me how contests work on this site
chrislatta

Re: how does this conest thread work

Postby zhouston » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:03 pm

chrislatta wrote:can anyone tell me how contests work on this site

If I don't fully answer your question you might need to be more specific. Anyways...

First of all, all contest ideas are made up by the staff of the site, this is not the place to post other contests that you (or someone else) made just for fun.

Each contest FBTB hosts is different; there all have similar rules (no unofficial parts, cut stickers, no pre-existing models, etc) but the actual content of the entries will obviously be different.

After the entry deadline the winners are usually chosen by several rounds community voting. Polls are posted and registered members of FBTB get to vote on their favorite build(s). Depending on the number of entries, sometimes there is only one voting round and the winner is chosen based on who got the most votes, or like in this years Mech Madness there are many rounds where builds go head to head against each other and slowly advance through the brackets.

Hope this helps!
zhouston
David

Postby Rook » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:03 am

Read the contest rules. Enter the contest. Win via polls. PM the host with mailing address. Recieve free Lego.

Best idea in the universe! :D

It's just that EASY! :lol: :shock: :x Not EASY at all. :'(
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Solo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Pretty much what these guys said. We're open to suggestions for more contests (you can PM me or any of the staff and we'll review it among ourselves) but for the most part the staff thinks up the ideas and writes the rules. We usually like to run them with a month to build, the next month to vote, and then take a month off, but that's definitely not set in stone. Prizes are provided by Ace unless otherwise stated (we will occasionally get some items free from Lego to distribute). You have to be a member of the forum to participate, whether it's building or just voting.

If you still have questions feel free to ask.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Contests & Community Builds