Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Draft 7: C-C-C-COMBO!

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Re: FBTB Draft 7: C-C-C-COMBO!

Postby SirBasilAshton » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:18 am

C-C-C-COMBO!

Put me on standby please.
SirBasilAshton

Postby Chief » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 pm

I haven't heard back from 3 potentials. Standby folks, you may be hearing from me in the morning.
Chief

Postby Chief » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:01 am

Well that did it. Everyone's in. Standbys, please keep following this thread, you may still get to be involved. Our track record isn't super great for retaining all 10 participants by the time draft day rolls around.
Chief

Postby kjklock » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:27 am

Do we know the results of how the minifigs will be split up yet?
kjklock

Postby Chief » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:11 am

With 5 of the 10 votes, splitting the figures 4-3-3 won the decision.
Chief

Postby murphquake » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:16 pm

I didn't realize we'd be entertaining a plurality :-o lol

I still vote for a mix and match of the figs, unless someone is desperate for 3 Sugis & 4 Aurras you guys take them tho, I'll take bricks
murphquake

Postby azoreg » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Mmm... Bricks.
azoreg

Postby Chief » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:16 pm

zomg i'm sorting tonight. the exciting saturday night life of a married father of 2!

FBTB Draft 7: C-C-C-COMBO! by fbtb, on Flickr
Chief

Postby Chief » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:47 pm

There seem to be 11 angler attacks. Huh. Good thing I haven't gotten to those yet, that would have been confusing later.
Chief

Postby Chief » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:29 pm

So I finished sorting the Bounty Hunter Gunships, and found during the course of putting figs together that one whole set of 4 minifigs (yes, the IG parts as well) were meticulously taken out of the plastic bags and inconspicuously resealed with tiny bits of tape. By that point, all the parts were mixed together and every box smashed down for the trash, so there was no question of returning the set to the store.

We've got a couple ideas how to try to resolve this for this draft in particular, but I'd like to see what you participants can come up with, too.
Chief

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Seems 3-3-3 will be in order for this one. Better it happens to an adult who will only get 3 instead of 4 than some kid who saved up his lemonade stand money (or whatever kids do for cash these days) to buy it .
buriedbybricks

Postby thegremlin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Agree with buriedbybricks. 3-3-3 seems like an easy fix.
thegremlin

Postby twbooth » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:30 pm

3-3-3
twbooth

Postby kjklock » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:04 am

For these minifigures, I would be hapy with 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1. Not that I'm not interested in the minifigures (I am) but I don't think I need any more that one of each of these.
kjklock

Postby murphquake » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:05 pm

WOW! what scum... what's even more messed up is it was probably the store that resealed it:
-find opened set
-dum-dee-dum looks like everything's here
-a little tape doot-doola-doot-doo!
-back on the shelf
Here in NYC when I hit TRU there are always several open sets and random parts all around the LEGO aisle... especially bad are the CMF packs, kids will rip open several to find the one they want (and then pay for that one?) Sadly they won't discount, or even sell opened sets, which sucks, because there are often nice elements in them. Yesterday I saw the police minifig set and the impulse box speedboat both with the whole box torn open (not just a flap) and apparently with everything in them still.
murphquake

Postby Chief » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Trust me, I was none too pleased as this was unfolding.

If the group is fine with the 3-3-3 suggestion, that was the choice Ace and I were most amenable to, because we didn't really want to have to buy a whole batch of figures and then somehow persuade you guys paying another fee for what's already a $40 (plus shipping) draft.

I know some people are still less than thrilled with the initial 4-3-3 minifig decision, and I'm sorry I can't make you happy. I only hope you score something else in this massive draft that tickles your pickle. I will poll the participants every new draft: perhaps next time fortune will favor a 2-2-2-2-2 split. Or something else? We'll see. We have two more draft sets waiting in the wings, and then who knows what comes next!

I finished sorting the sets tonight. In retrospect, this combo draft was a questionable decision. There is a ridiculous number of lots to choose from. I'll be consolidating the two sets' inventories over the next couple days and hope to have it out to you guys soon to begin the monumental task of prioritizing your picks. I predict it lasting at least 2 hours on draft day. Ya'll better bring your A-game with prioritized inventories, keeping up with the picks as we update the inventory live, and a healthy amount of patience for the all-but-guaranteed hiccups.
Chief

Postby azoreg » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:34 am

I think 3-3-3 is fine... I'm unconcerned with missing mini-figs for the price and convenience of the draft. Thanks for organizing this Chief!

I look forward to future drafts.

Future draft idea:
If people are not into a 2hr long online draft... maybe people might be into a proxy draft? i.e. Every gets the list of lots, and prioritizes everything in a strict numerical order 1 to N, and then returns their spread sheet to you. A perl script, or some Excel programming would look at everyone's list of lot desires, and pick the one lot that is most desired by that person when their turn comes up in the draft. I do perl, I could even volunteer to write some perl to parse .CSV spreadsheets for you.

Anyways, I'm just musing ideas for the future. We should not change this draft mid-flight.
azoreg

PreviousNext

Return to Community Features