Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Studs Comic #5

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Studs Comic #5

Postby Staff » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:55 am

When the Cuusoo program launched it's first crowdsourcing-approved project in Japan, 21100 Shinkai 6500 Submarine, I wondered if the program would ever make it to the states and if it did, what our first product would be. I never thought that the first product would be LEGO Minecraft. Not that I have anything against Minecraft or anything. It just seems like the simplistic nature of the graphics already lends itself to LEGO and making an actual set may result in just a box full of basic bricks. I guess an analogy would be taking paint to paint a picture of paint. Penny Arcade did a strip that pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say. Our strip has a slightly different take on it. Out of all the proposals that could have been approved, Minecraft got the most votes? I could walk into a store, buy a bucket of bricks, slap a Minecraft label on it and call it a day.

Regarding our strip name, we've gotten a ton of responses. Thanks to everyone who took the time to come up with a suggestion. We think we've settled on one, but are making sure all appropriate channels are cleared. We were intending to reveal the name in the next strip but that may be delayed another week or two. Stay tuned.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/02/01/studs-comic-5/
Staff

Re: Studs Comic #5

Postby StevePoulsen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Man I Love these comics. Great Job guys. :lol:
StevePoulsen

Postby SDIronClaw » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Lol, that is great. Keep em coming!!!
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby volumex » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:01 am

:lol: looking forward to more...
volumex

Postby Stardusty » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:15 pm

:lol:

This one was hilarious (like every other one, but I'm running out of compliments).
Stardusty

Postby Boyfromvalley » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:24 pm

If he had asked for Doctor Who, he probably would have responded "Character Building".
Boyfromvalley

Return to Community Features