Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

BOTHCON 2011: Minicon

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Re: BOTHCON 2011: Minicon

Postby Solo » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:38 pm

I just wanted to say you guys were all awesome for coming to it and I'm glad you had a good time with the build challenges. We'll get some shots up later, for now I'm pretty beat (as I'm sure the rest of you are too).
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby onions » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:35 pm

i'm glad everyone who gave me/us feedback said they had a good time. i honestly couldn't tell. we definitely learned a few things and hope to make things a little more enjoyable next year. if it happens.

j/k

it probably will

maybe...
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Chief » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:18 am

I don't think a good time was being had, say, at minute 44 of the creative build, or any minute of the speed build, but other than that I know people enjoyed themselves ;)
Chief

Postby crazybirdman » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:15 am

The display was really cool!
crazybirdman

Postby Chief » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:24 am

Speaking of cool, I had a casual conversation with a stormtrooper who revealed that he's a member of FBTB and was upset he didn't register in time for Bothcon, then introduced me to his clonetrooper wife, and then we discovered that they're from the area I grew up. That was pretty cool. High five crazybirdman!
Chief

Postby mr_joshua » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 pm

I am still bummed that I wasn't around to make it, it sounds like everyone had a blast. I have a question for anyone that went, did they happen to give out the posters like they have the last couple years? I happened to go to the SW days at Legoland in Germany and they really didn't have much going on like they do here in Cali. They had a mosaic build that people helped build parts of and 'find the letters' thing all around miniland...but not much else. I looked around on the 'internets' for details on what went on this year here in California and came up empty.
mr_joshua

Postby banthafodder » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:18 pm

Yes, they had the posters which included all the minifigs for 2011. They did get rid of the Duplo bricks this year. By far though the minicon was THE event.
banthafodder

Postby etcknight » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:33 pm

SDIronClaw wrote:My family and I had a awesome time at the Bothcon 2011. To the FBTB staff who did all the coordination and planning, you all did fantastic job. The goody bag was suberb on all levels and the t-shirt was really cool. All the display models were awesome and it was nice to put some names to faces. The Bothcon competitions were great, although I discovered I am not a speed builder at all. I was really blown away that I was allowed to keep the General Grievous set, I was not expecting that at all. Thanks again all for a really awesome day!

Did everyone who registered for Bothcon and participated get to keep the Grievous set?
etcknight

Postby Chief » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Yep.
Chief

Previous

Return to Community Features