Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

April Fools': Forum Avatars... Finally!

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Re: Forum Avatars... Finally!

Postby bigj22 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 am

this must be a joke because I cant find that anywhere. Ive clicked on everything. Nice job.
bigj22

Postby Firespray » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:42 am

Bring this back and I will love you all forever and ever and ever:

;)
Firespray

Postby Captain Typo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:47 am

Meh, they'll probably be up for selection on April 2nd... But yeah, this wasn't so much funny as downright cruel, guys! That said, I guess it was dWhisp's turn to pick the prank this year?

Master Fetty wrote:Maybe I don't find it funny because I'm British. Maybe I don't find it funny because I'm not a regular poster. Or maybe I don't find it funny because it isn't funny. Who knows.

Yeah, this is probably the reason... All that top-tier British comedy has spoiled you! ;) ... I personally don't get what's so funny about a snake named Monty, but...
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Postby dWhisper » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:20 pm

How do I get blamed for these things?

In all truth, I abstain from the April Fool's stuff. Not my cup of tea, most of the time. I get a giggle out of what Google does, and I love ThinkGeek and their elaborate products (but will never forgive them if this year's lightsabers do not become reality!), but generally just wait for April 2nd to roll around.

Maybe, just maybe, we gave everyone avatars, but they only show up by someone's name if they are pure of heart and mind, with virtue fair.

And there's also the fact that I've been pushing to just update the site to a Hello Kitty fansite for the last few April Fool's days, and it's never gotten out of committee.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Iare Tosevite » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:02 pm

:D firespray I remember it. You remember mine?
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Joedward » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:18 pm

I remember what you had when we could upload our own. It was your strange droid/train type thing with grills, a half pin and some binoculars.

I miss my Ki Adi Mundi, my Coleman Trebor, and most of all, I miss my Spaceman me.
Ah well, in the mean time this <-- Boba Fett will do.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:45 pm

I'd love to have my Droideka back but when I suggested a return to the old avatars last year, Ace said no.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby badgerboy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:58 pm

Please let us have our avatars back:

new flickr folder
old brickshelf
badgerboy

Postby twentythree » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:39 am

:( Not funny :'(
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Re: April Fools': Forum Avatars... Finally!

Postby GregHyland » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:04 am

Interesting. I actually didn't think this was a joke, although I thought the timing of the announcement was strange.

For a while, we have planned for me to do forum avatars. Those posted are the first ones I did A LONG TIME AGO. (You can see how old they are, as the faces are YELLOW!)

So not knowing this was a joke, and thinking this was FINALLY happening, I started thinking about getting going on more art. My plan was to try and do one or two more every week, and I had a plan of what I wanted to do first, and then I was going to "take requests" on what else to do.

So if this is still a joke, I'll put aside the Han and Vader that I pencilled yesterday, because quite honestly, I have a lot of other work to do. However, if this is going to happen (and demand here seems to want it to happen) I will try my best to add one or two more every week.
Greg Hyland
"You'll thank me when you share my politics"
http://www.lethargiclad.com
GregHyland

Postby Iare Tosevite » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:06 pm

Joedward wrote:I remember what you had when we could upload our own. It was your strange droid/train type thing with grills, a half pin and some binoculars.

Yeah also other avatar was hypnotic infinite Lego bricks though. I managed it fit it under 4k file size even.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Previous

Return to Community Features