Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Site Theme: Toy Story

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

New Site Theme: Toy Story

Postby Staff » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:18 am

Alright, after the whirlwind month of December, things have noticeably slowed down around here. But that's not to say we haven't been busy. To reinforce that FBTB is all about covering LEGO's licensed lines, it is with great pleasure that I introduce the third site theme for FBTB: Toy Story. If you click on the "switch" link on the right, you can now choose between the default Star Wars theme, Power Miners, and now Toy Story. As with any code release, there's bound to be a few bugs. And if you find any, I invite you to use the contact form to to let us know what you find faulty or you can post a message in the forum thread.

Lastly, I'd like to give a big shout out to fellow site admin Don Solo for providing the logo and the forum buttons graphics. My vision for the logo could not have been realized without his help.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/01/24/new-site-theme-toy-story/
Staff

Re: New Site Theme: Toy Story

Postby Solo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:07 am

And yes, we know it does this on the reply confirmation page. :|
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Jabba the Taff » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:34 am

I couldn't switch straight from the Star Wars theme. I had to change to the Power Miners theme then switch to the Toy Story theme.

Oh, and because my mother dragged me up, I forgot to say great design and thanks guys!
Last edited by Jabba the Taff on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabba the Taff

Postby Swoosh Factor » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:23 am

Great job Don, love the banner. The new topic and reply buttons don't completely cover the old text links, perhaps you could use a solid colour background rather than a transparent one.
Swoosh Factor

Postby Dalek Caan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:47 am

Oh, and sometimes (such as on the review forum) the 'rules' banner appears as a grey rectangle with red corners, no text visible.

But nice theme btw! I think we need an Indy next!
Dalek Caan

Postby Jargon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:12 am

I do love this new theme.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Firespray » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 am

New theme is HAWT XD Great job on the logo, awesome.
Firespray

Postby UOldPirate » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Yeah, great job on the new theme guys! I especially like the roll-over effect on the rocket. Very nice.
UOldPirate

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:11 pm

YES! Finally! This looks awesome! Great job, guys, especially you, Don Solo. Loving the Post-reply button! :lol: Having the frontpage titles on the right-hand side is a bit irritating, but oh well. I'm never gonna change the theme again! XD

Go Toy Story!
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby BlueDragonZ » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Great new theme there guys and good job don on the logo ! Looks great :D
BlueDragonZ

Postby onions » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Swoosh Factor wrote:Great job Don, love the banner. The new topic and reply buttons don't completely cover the old text links, perhaps you could use a solid colour background rather than a transparent one.

what browser are you using?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Flynn » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Well, I'm having the same problem, and I'm using IE7.

But other than that, the new layout is just simply awesome. Fantastic work, I love every bit of it. XD
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Is it normal that if I close my browser (Firefox) and reopen it, the theme goes back to Star Wars? I'd prefer it if it would stay at Toy Story forever (until I choose to change it).
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby yankeeken » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Love the theme , but I'm having the same problem as Oky. Every time I shut my browser it reverts back to the Star Wars theme. I don't think its my browser, because I never had this problem with the Power Miners theme. In case it matters, I'm running Firefox 3.5.7.
yankeeken

Postby meeotch » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 pm

I see why you were messing around with member name colors. I wonder if you're able to change the colors for those in the css for the TS theme so that they will be more readable here while maintaining the original colors for the Star Wars theme. I haven't looked at the PM theme in a while so I don't remember how well those colors translated there. One other thing I've noticed is that behind the New Thread / Post Reply buttons are those same titles in regular text, partially covered by the rocket.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby onions » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 am

i am unable to do that since the username colors are defined inline rather than by class.

i'll look into the IE7 bug.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby yankeeken » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 am

My problem seems top have been fixed. The toy Story theme no longer reverts to Star Wars when I close my browser. Thanks Ace.
yankeeken

Postby onions » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:47 am

i just upgraded the phpbb forum software tot he latest release. please let me know if you find additional bugs.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Robzula » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:20 am

Using the Toy Story theme, occasionaly the top post (and sometimes others) in a thread will have a blue background instead of white making it very hard to read. I also still have the problem of the "New Thread" and "Post a Reply" text appearing behind the rocket design. I'm using the latest IE (7?)
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:13 am

i fixed the text links appearing behind the graphical buttons.

i see the disappearing background color robzula. tht'll take me a little longer to fix.
onions
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Community Features