Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Bricks LA Is A Month Away!

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Bricks LA Is A Month Away!

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Bricks LA

Can you believe Bricks LA 2016 is a little over a month away? I can hardly believe it. In case you don't know, Bricks LA is the premier brick convention in Southern California! The event is happening January 8-10, 2016 at the Pasadena Convention Center located at 300 E Green St, Pasadena, CA 91101. We are in the full swing of planning and getting everything ready for the big show. VIB Registration is still open and is only $55. As a VIB, you get full access to all of our events and have the opportunity to display your MOCs for the public exhibition. Still not convinced? We have a full two days worth of building activities planned. But wait, there's more! Our swag bag is awesome. It's chock full of goodies and every VIB gets a Bricks LA 2016 t-shirt as part of their swag. Still not convinced? You can come check out the show as part of the public. Our public hours are January 9 and 10 from 10am - 5pm on both days, Admission is just $5 and kids 5 and under are free! There is going to be tons of new models to be seen, vendors to shop from, and a kids' play area for the little ones.

For more information, check out the Bricks LA website.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2015/12/01/bricks-la-is-a-month-away/
Staff

Re: Bricks LA Is A Month Away!

Postby Brainslugged » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:08 am

Question: I don't make very many MOCs so I'd feel a bit pathetic bringing the same MOCs I brought last year. The last thing I want is for people to be saying "oh no - here's that pink castle again". Do the organizers have any opinion on this? Do you want to try and have everything different every year or is it a case of "the more the better" regardless of whether it has been shown before?
Brainslugged

Postby sparkart » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:31 am

Thanks for the reminder, I can't believe it's so close, either. Right after Xmas and New Year's the party continues!

I'm bringing old stuff. There's new attendees at every show, why not give the new people the chance to see the pink castle? We kinda live in the LEGO world, but there are people who just visit infrequently. I'm sure your "old stuff" is new and novel to them, and they'd appreciate the opportunity to see it.
sparkart

Postby onions » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:52 am

While we'd like to see new stuff we won't ask you to remove something either. MOCs are MOCs and like sparkart said, there'll always be new people who haven't seen it. The more the merrier I say.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Trooper10 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:36 pm

Hey I'm bringing my current entry (yet to photograph/post) and a couple of old Star Wars Evolved ships - I just registered them in the Space/mecha category - hopefully that's ok?
Trooper10

Postby Solo » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:32 pm

Sounds good to me. I'm working on a starfighter and maybe bringing some older stuff just to have something to contribute, but not what I had there last time.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Community Features