Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Draft 9: 8484 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

FBTB Draft 9: 8484 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen

Postby Staff » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:14 am

We're kicking off 2013 with FBTB Parts Draft #9 on Saturday January 19th @ 10 am PST!

We'll be drafting 10 copies of CARS 8484 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen for $16, about 50% off MSRP! (shipping charges will be calculated later for each participant.)

8484-1

You can see the inventory for this set on the always-useful Brickset.

The draft will follow our usual rules.

Draft registration will commence on Monday January 7th at 11 am PST, which you can do by clicking through to the topic linked below this post and simply posting "KA-CHOW!" Feel free to post any and all questions or comments in the thread; however, anyone posting "KA-CHOW!" before the clock hits 11 am PST on January 7th will not be allowed to participate.

PS: Check out Ace's review of the set here!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/01/03/fbtb-draft-9-8484-ultimate-build-lightning-mcqueen/
Staff

Re: FBTB Draft 9: 8484 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen

Postby Chief » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 am

Pretty Much Everything You Need to Know

What we're drafting: 10 copies of 8484 Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen

How much $$$: USD $16, plus a separate shipping fee that includes the actual postage and packaging cost. After the draft has taken place, I will contact you with your shipping fee.

Who: TBD on Monday January 7th at 11 am PST when the registration period opens. This will be open to any FBTB member who joined before that date, regardless of geographical location or post count.

When: Saturday January 19th at 10 am PST

Where: #fbtbdraft, a special draft room we'll make on the FBTB IRC chat. Participants will need to familiarize themselves with the workings of the chat before draft day. Don't worry, it's not terribly difficult!

-The first 10 forum members who respond to this topic on Monday January 7th at 11am PST and pay the entry fee (via PayPal within 24 hours after the Payment Instructions have been sent out) will become our Participants *cue fanfare.* If any of the 10 Potentials do not pay their fee within the timeframe, the next person on the Standby List gets their spot in the draft.
-If something comes up within the next couple weeks and you can no longer participate, you have until 24 hours before draft time to cancel without penalty. There will be no refunds for cancellation within 24 hours of draft time. I will consider polite requests to be in the next draft. Repeat offenders will not receive this privilege.
-I will do my best to fill any vacancies up 12 hours before the draft. It pays to be on the standby list: members have made it into the participant list from the standby list for a few drafts now.
-All participants must be present in the IRC chat at draft time. We will wait a maximum of 10 minutes for latecomers. There will be no participation by proxy: you're either present for the draft or you're out. After 10 minutes your spot is forfeited and we proceed without you, and there will be no fee refund. Again, however, I will consider giving you a spot in the next draft providing your excuse tugs my heartstrings enough. Repeat offenders will be shunned.
-All participants MUST have an inventory in front of them during the draft. I don't care if it's on your screen or printed in front of you, you need it. Participants will check off/note/delete items after each person's turn. It's imperative that everyone keep track of what parts are still up for grabs. The week of the draft I will provide an online inventory spreadsheet with lot numbers individually identified, and it will be instantly updated with who picked what throughout the draft process. Example: here's the inventory from the last draft.
-Once the draft has started, the first participant will select a Lot # from the provided inventory, then the second participant, and so on, until we get to the end of the list. Then we work our way back up the list from bottom to top. Then top to bottom. And so on. This is the serpentine method, and so far has been the popular method for our drafts.
-At the conclusion of the draft, FBTB will package and ship out the chosen parts to their rightful owners, who will congratulate FBTB on a job well done and will immediately clamor for the next draft.
-No whining. There's a fine line between making helpful suggestions and complaining.

Potential Participants:
JD4M
madworld79
CloneDoc
noahtom

Standby:
Chief

Postby azoreg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:01 pm

I shall not be able to partake this time... I have a party that day.

Are y'all going to try to go all Google Spreadsheets this time for the draft?

Also... Are you drafting the eye pieces separately, or together? I can think of some hideous Ninjago dragon that could be made with 10x left eyes.
azoreg

Postby Chief » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:07 pm

I'd like to think we can get the kinks worked out of the Google sheets for everyone.

I'm inclined to pair up eyes then split them into two equal lots.
Chief

Postby JD4M » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:00 pm

“KA-CHOW!”
JD4M

Postby madworld79 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:07 pm

KA-CHOW!
madworld79

Postby CloneDoc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 pm

"KA-CHOW!"
CloneDoc

Postby Chief » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:30 pm

Updated with the current potentials. Not a lot so far :\ Did we pick a bad one?
Chief

Postby thegremlin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Set is not the issue (at least not for me) .... that weekend however ... not going to work.

Have fun all and I'll hopefully catch the next one.
thegremlin

Postby noahtom » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:42 pm

"KA_CHOW" sorry busy Monday! Maybe no one is looking for red parts!
noahtom

Postby CloneDoc » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 am

Forget the Red parts, I'm in it for the Gold rims and Stickers!!! :lol:
CloneDoc

Postby Chief » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 am

I have to do something I had hoped to never have to do, but we need to postpone this draft. I'm sorry, guys.
Due to some unforeseen things on my end, last week and this week have killed the spare time I had to prep for this draft, and I will also now be out of town this coming Saturday.

On the bright side, I hadn't put out the call for payment so no one is out any money, and I'm also hoping to piggyback on the postponement by scoring more participants on a new date.

I will give first dibs to the 4 current participants if they want in on the new date.

How does the 26th look for people? And does the usual time 10 or 11ish am PST work, or does later sound better?
Chief

Postby CloneDoc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:56 am

I am available on the 26th as well so keep me signed up. As for the Time, its all good on a Saturday! :)
CloneDoc

Postby noahtom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:00 pm

The 26th is fine, but are we gonna fill this one? As to the time later is always better way out west!
noahtom

Postby madworld79 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:02 pm

26th works for me too. being in CST, 10a PST is preferred. But anytime would work.
madworld79

Postby murphquake » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 am

Hey Chief,
I couldn't do the 19th as the 3rd Saturday of each month is typically I LUG NY's meeting date, and the last time around I pooched the screw by doing the draft (We'd decided at NYCC to have the meeting a week early when we had a build, but the Hurricane kept most of us from going). If this is going to be on for this week I'd be interested, so here's my

KA-CHOW!

I'm no morning person so a little later works better for me, but it's all good (NYC/Eastern time here)
-bill
murphquake

Postby noahtom » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:14 pm

I'm assuming (sorry), due to the lack of response to this, we are not going forward with the 26th.
noahtom

Postby onions » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 pm

i have not heard from chief so this is still in the postponed as far as i know.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Chief » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm used to apologizing for slow shipment of draft pieces after the event, but now I get to apologize before one has even started.

This draft was the victim of not only a long job tryout process at work that included homework, sleepless nights, and a great deal of stress, but also what I felt was a lack of interest in the set chosen. I've been spoiled by drafts that fill up within a day or two (and sometimes the hour!) of being posted.

We are still going to hold the draft sometime, but I can't give a firm date of when that will happen. The people who signed up for this one will still get first chance at participating on the new date.

In lighter news, I got the job I was trying out for, so yay promotion!
Chief

Postby noahtom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Big congratulations on the new position, the draft will happen when it happens...
noahtom

Next

Return to Community Features