Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

RC-5898, Donck

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

RC-5898, Donck

Postby Heady » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:16 pm

I present to you my first Clone Commando. I made him using Sharpie and I'm basically pleased with the result. Credit goes to T-B for inspiring me to make one!
Comments, Constructive Critisicm welcome!

Image <---Click For Gallery
I used to be known as H3D1
Heady

Re: RC-5898, Donck

Postby CoR3Bu » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:54 pm

I like it, though I have to admit that the lining should be touched up a bit.
Me and my school friend used to sharpie clones all the time, but only the parts the
we couldn't mess up on like the aerodynamic thingy on the top of the helmet ;) .

Colonel Reaginal Bulstrode, to attention men! >:(
CoR3Bu

Re: RC-5898, Donck

Postby Galagoo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Smoothening the linings would indeed help. Therefore, I'd suggest a finer-pointed marker if you just can find one; that'd make things much easier.

As for the minifig, even though the green sharpie could be more smooth and solid (there are some white spots that could be covered, and some parts of the colour are darker than others) it doesn't really look that bad. The visor, on the other hand.. The colouring is pretty decent - the shade of blue is nice - but the design could be greatly improved.

Basically, the problem with the visor is the widht; it should be a lot narrower, like in this picture. Now it looks.. somewhat swollen, actually. :p
Galagoo

Return to Custom Minifigs