Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Ending Creepy Minifig Faces

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

Ending Creepy Minifig Faces

Postby The Jinja Ninja » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:14 pm

So, most of us hate the creepy CW minifig faces, right? We also know that you can remove printing to some degree of precision with a pencil eraser (e.g. my Lissarkh). Why not combine both and solve the problem? Here's a quick Photoshop mockup of how one might improve the Mace Windu head, as an example:

(Click for link to larger image on Flickr)

Which no. do you prefer? Got any further suggestions?

~TJN
The Jinja Ninja

Re: Ending Creepy Minifig Faces

Postby Solo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:24 pm

My opinion: it's as creepy as ever. It looks a tad better, but no less creepy and still unpleasant. You can get rid of the crease lines all you want, but nothing will improve those demonic eyes...
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Firespray » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:24 pm

I'd have to go with 2, the other ones make him look too feminine.
Firespray

Postby The Jinja Ninja » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Solo wrote:My opinion: it's as creepy as ever. It looks a tad better, but no less creepy and still unpleasant. You can get rid of the crease lines all you want, but nothing will improve those demonic eyes...

:lol: I removed all the white in Photoshop, and it managed to somehow look even wrong-er. Still, gives you some perspective - Exo-Force ain't so bad now, is it? :p
The Jinja Ninja

Postby Solo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:33 pm

I never had a problem with the Exoforce heads, they manage to look good while not fitting with the rest of the minifig faces. My issue with these is they don't look good period. But I digress...
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Custom Minifigs