Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

My ARC Trooper (blue)

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

My ARC Trooper (blue)

Postby lordvader208 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Some of you might have seen my previous ARC troopers from the old forums. i made the pauldron, kama, and antenna out of clay, and it looked pretty messy, ugly, and inaccurate. Well now that TLC has come out with ABS pauldrons, kamas, and antennas, I decided to take the ones from my only clone BP and fit them onto my blue ARC trooper and take off the clay ones. So basically, my blue ARC Trooper is painted with blue acrylic paint, and the black markings on the legs are sharpie-d. I have painted the kama and paulrdon with blue as well and since my old ep2 clone helmet doesn't have holes on the sides of the helmet, I took the new Lego antennas, cuz off the attachment area, and glued it right onto my old ep2 helm. I just hope it doesn't fall off. But enough with the talk, please enjoy XD :

And the blue ARC next to my unfinished yellow and red ARCs. I need to get 2 more clone BPs first :D:

I hope you guys like it! And I apologize for the bad lighting. I'm too lazy to set up everything for a photo

more pics at http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/101518

And just a note: The old ep2 clone helm won't fit perfectly with the pauldrons because the mouth sticks down a bit, unlike the newer CW clone helms. So if you try this, your clone will be slightly taller and the black head will be revealed a bit more, but it still looks fine.
lordvader208

Re: My ARC Trooper (blue)

Postby Marf » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:58 am

These look neat nice work on the sharpie :)
---Josh---
(]HHHHH*H[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Marf

Postby Gen_Shingar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:50 am

I agree, that is quite impressive, especially for the sharpie beinmg used, I have done that before, pain in the (edited), lol.

One thing I always have (and will) hate(ed) about the Phase II helmets is the open visor screens. When I did mine I took and filled my open visors with Sculpy, smoothed it inside and out, then painted it gloss black. Just a suggestion if you want to put Clone Faces under :)

Great Job tho :)
"Give me a blaster, I'll give you the world." - Gen. Shingar
Gen_Shingar

Postby lordvader208 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:10 pm

I actually don't mind the open visor screens that much. i actually prefer the old phase 1 clone helms better because they simply look better to me. Although the new clone faces are pretty darn impressive... ;)
lordvader208

Postby darth OMM-9 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:25 am

on core very good! ;)
darth OMM-9

Postby Pdragon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 pm

First of all, try looking at some pics of an ARC. They only have markings on the fin and around the visor, not on the rest of the helmet. It really distracts from the look of they ARC. Especially the Commander and Captain.
Pdragon

Return to Custom Minifigs