Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Altair

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

Altair

Postby pur3 0wn1ng9 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Altair from the game Assassin's Creed!

One of many reference pictures I used.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_vie ... 74&popup=1

Altair

More pictures here
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=370762

It's been a long time since I posted a creation here so please tell me if I did anything wrong.

Tell me what you think and how I can improve.

Thanks for looking

~Pur3 0wn1ng9~
pur3 0wn1ng9

Re: Altair

Postby Galagoo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Nothing done wrong as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Hmm, neat fig. The sharpie work is somewhat messy, but rather good-looking to my eye nevertheless. The silvery daggers look particularly nice.

To improve it, I'd suggest taking a fine-pointed marker and and trying to draw some relatively clean and smooth outlines to the belts and daggers. That'd make the fig look more solid and LEGO-like, I think. That would give a chance to smoothen the sharpie work, too, as fine markers are more easily controlled. You could also draw some detailing on the hood, like the seam patterns shown in the reference picture.
In addition, I'd also suggest giving the fig black legs and making him a skirt of white paper. That would look more accurate and give more room for detailing. A skirt model shouldn't be too hard to make, but there are most likely loads of ready design floating around in the internet, too.

That's my 0,02 €.
Galagoo

Re: Altair

Postby pur3 0wn1ng9 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:55 am

Thanks for the advice. :)

It is very sloppy and I am sorry for that. This is my first custom minifig so I promise that the others to come will be much better. ;)
pur3 0wn1ng9

Return to Custom Minifigs