Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Boba Fett

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

[SW] Boba Fett

Postby Stefan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Hello,

Since I finally got hold of a 10123 Boba Fett, it's time to present my custom minifig, which is a combination of the 10123 and the new 8097 minifig.
I equipped him with a custom blaster and a painted jetpack. The jetpack looks black, but it's actually a dark shade of blue.

Regards,
Stefan
Stefan

Re: [SW] Boba Fett

Postby onions » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:04 pm

this has been done before to a certain degree. your painted backpack sets it apart from the others.

but it looks absolutely terrible. some of the paint looks like it's flaking and the lines aren't very straight or clean.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby majortom » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:27 am

Erm, Onions has taken the words right out of my mouth; Youve spent about £80 or equivalent on the new Slave I, most probably for the exclusive Boba and Bossk minifigures and you come up with this?

I dont mean any offence, but I dont understand how so many people can do this to their minifigs/ lego (I'm talking customising in general, but especially on such a potentially expensive piece as the jetpack above)
majortom

Postby Stefan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:56 pm

I did not pay that much for the set ;)
And I would've painted the part even if it woudl cost twice that much. I'm not a collector and a rare or exclusive part is not sacred to me. The plain jetpack just looks boring on the otherwise highly detailed minifig.
I like fig and I woudl paint it again anytime.
Stefan

Postby Tall Hads » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:03 am

The blaster just doesn't look right to me.
Tall Hads

Postby Robzula » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:23 am

I hate you and you should feel bad about yourself.

(I actually really like that paint job. It's not perfect but it looks much better than the plain green one)
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby ha_te » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:18 am

Hi Stefan,

lass sie quatschen...

I like the minifig. The combination is an obvious idea. Thats the way the minifig should have looked right from the start.
As for the blaster... this one spoils the impressiona bit. The unique form of Fetts weapon is not properly mirrored by any original LEGO part, but there are serveral options provided by e.g. Little Armory Toys or The Little Arms Shop. Also ebay might be worth a look.
If you want to have an impression, look here, I have rebuilt on digitally. Its from Little Armory Toys
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1722043
ha_te

Postby Xero_Fett » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:30 pm

I think, albeit the quality of the work could use some more refining, the idea is good. I have a couple of the above mentioned Little Brick Arms Boba Fett guns, and they do look the part.

and my Fett collection thus far. :cool:

Xero_Fett

Return to Custom Minifigs