Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Custom Clone Trooper Legion

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

[SW] Custom Clone Trooper Legion

Postby brick4brick » Mon May 10, 2010 7:52 am

I have created my own Clone Army Legion and wanted to share this. Let me know what you think, my son and I created 6 different minifigs. Commander JD (that's me), Commander KZ (thats my son), a Snow Trooper, a Heavy Gunner Trooper, a Jet Trooper, and a Sniper Trooper. I am a Graphic Designer, so a lot of the fun is creating scenes. I create my own custom decals using illustrator in a vector format.

brick4brick

Re: [SW] Custom Clone Trooper Legion

Postby dWhisper » Mon May 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Moving this to the Custom Minifig sections, since that would be closer to how this would fall... I think.

That being said, the background really makes it hard to pull out individual details for any of the figs, and the baseplate looks really jarring against the scenery. You might be better off with some individual plain background pics of the minifigs to just put in your post, and then a scene like this to set it off. I like the idea of a background display, but somehow, here it does more to detract from the build than accent it.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Re: [SW] Custom Clone Trooper Legion

Postby Brick Of War » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:53 pm

I agree with Dwisper on most of his/her post except mabey if the baseplate was slightly tilted it would mach the scenery in the background better. Just my thoughts, but it still is epic.
Wicket: *You took your life away and went Wampa Hunting*
*and got yourself headfirst in snow* Brick Of War: Hey, Wedge I see
something brown and furry. *lifts out Wicket* Wicket: Wampa!
Brick Of War: No, Wedge stop eating popcorn! It's after me.
Brick Of War

Return to Custom Minifigs