Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

minifig barefoot, but wearing trousers?

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

minifig barefoot, but wearing trousers?

Postby Andi » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:18 am

How would you do a Minifig, which wears trousers, but no shoes and socks?
Painting the feet yellow?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Re: minifig barefoot, but wearing trousers?

Postby Rook » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:03 am

1x1 colored plates on bottom of legs for desired color. Or decal. Or paint.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Well, Set #6241, Loot Island, has legs like that, though the pants are tattered.

I guess if i were to try to make my own, I'd go the painting route. I don't think I would do very well applying decals to the feet, and applying decals to yellow legs for the pants would look good from the FRONT, but the back would still be yellow, right?

Though I might try the 1x1 plate on some short legs to see how they looked. On regular legs they might make the fig too tall.
Mister Ed

Postby Andi » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:30 pm

But with short legs, the fig can't sit or walk...
But I fear too, that with normal legs and plate it gets too tall.
I think I will try the painting. At least I now have a reference pic with that fig from 6241.
Of course, decals with little toes would be cute :-) But they would be only from the front, not the 'whole' foot.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby thepatient » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Andi wrote:How would you do a Minifig, which wears trousers, but no shoes and socks?

I'd would make sure I brought some flowers. Take her to a show or movie. Go to a restaurant. A place where you could sit down and order, but if she's not wearing shoes, it would most likely be a place with pictures on a laminated menu. Have a conversation to find out why she's still single. Go back to my place. Put on some Barry White, and break open a bottle of fine wine, like Ripple. If we started spooning, I would think of something clever to say to get her into the bedroom like, "How would you like your eggs in the morning?' I'd get her out of those trousers and show her the stars and the moon, because I have a telescope. I don't think I would get too freaky on the first date, but I would at least see if she would try getting raw and...

... :shock:
... :x

ooOOoooh... How would you design a Minifig, which wears trousers, but no shoes and socks? Wow, I thought the other two responses were really freaky, dating had really changed alot since I was single.

Well. I would get the yellow legs, carefully tape off the feet, and paint or spray paint the legs, that way the front and back could be the same color. It shouldn't matter what color the pants are. That way the feet would exactly match the color yellow of the hands and face. So the carpet matches the drapes...so to speak.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Andi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:36 am

sorry for the confusing. :lol:
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Andi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:24 am

How does that look?
(click for bigger sizes)
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby thepatient » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Aah, They look so cute together. The only thing is, it will be a long hard road for them. These mixed relationships are hard on people, with him being yellow and her a fleshie. Fleshies have dealt with too much prejudice. That's a lot of baggage to carry sometimes. He'll most likely will make an inappropriate comment one day- and then it will be over. Can't we just all get along like these two?
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby The Brain » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:30 am

Don't forget that they're brother and sister. ;)
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby thepatient » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:44 am

Well, twins have that "special" bond. Luke has one of the worst cases of hepititus I've ever seen.
<O> <O>
thepatient

Return to Custom Minifigs