Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Question about paint

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

Question about paint

Postby GregHyland » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:19 pm

I want to make a custom Joker figure, based on the Dark Knight Joker. I remember seeing a custom somewhere where they used Cone Wars Anakin hair, but it was green. So, what kind of paint would I use and if you know a brand, is there a shade of green that's close to LEGO green? I would also prefer to use some sort of spray paint, as I actually don't have any brushes at the moment (go figure!).

I was asked to do a drawing of a Dark Knight Joker at Brickworld, and now I want to make one for myself!
Greg Hyland
"You'll thank me when you share my politics"
http://www.lethargiclad.com
GregHyland

Re: Question about paint

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Krylon Fusion - Available at places like Wal*Mart for a couple bucks per can.

Their "regular" colors like red, blue, and green are nearly spot-on for LEGO's colors and if you have a steady hand it's almost impossible to tell that the pieces are painted. Do one coat, let it sit for an hour or so, do another coat, and you're done.

m19
Morgan19

Postby GregHyland » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:10 am

Sounds good. I will try it. It's not like I don't have extra Anakin's hair if it doesn't work!

However, I'll have to try and find it somewhere other than Wal-Mart as I REFUSE to buy anything from them (and I haven't sonce 2003!). I'll try some good Canadian stores like Zeller's or Canadian Tire!
Greg Hyland
"You'll thank me when you share my politics"
http://www.lethargiclad.com
GregHyland

Postby Morgan19 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Oh yeah, they sell it elsewhere, it's pretty common paint-- that was just an example.

Good luck!

m19
Morgan19

Postby Mr.legoman123 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:38 pm

I'll have to try and find it somewhere other than Wal-Mart as I REFUSE to buy anything from them

not trying to get off topic here, but my 11 year old sister is actually AFRAID of Wal-Mart :lol:
NO ONE CARES ABOUT HOW YOUR DAD SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!!
Mr.legoman123

Return to Custom Minifigs