Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

A few questions

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

A few questions

Postby Gen_Shingar » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:31 pm

I am starting to run out of parts so I am turning to the community for some advice.

1. I am running out of White torso/Arm pieces for my basic clones, where (as lego shop does nto carry them) can I get these?

2. Where can I aquire lightsword(lego)/lightsaber blades of various colors? Lego only carries red and blue?

3. I have started making astromech droid decals, I have the torso part perfected, does anyone have a guide for making the curved dome top?

Thanks
"Give me a blaster, I'll give you the world." - Gen. Shingar
Gen_Shingar

Re: A few questions

Postby brickfett » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:55 pm

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this, you may want to post in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

But as for questions 1 & 2 I'd suggest either buying ot trading them in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum or going on BrickLink.

I bought several parts from bricklink about a year ago to build up my collection and had very little problems with it. Some orders would take a month to get to me and I had one issue with a seller who never sent me the part, but that ways over like $2 so not that big a deal.

Over all I had 1 issue out of like 15+ deals. So BrickLink can be pretty reliable.
brickfett

Postby Gen_Shingar » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:42 pm

Ok, I wasn't sure as this was for making customs, I will re-post this there as well and see if they delete this one or not.

Thank You
"Give me a blaster, I'll give you the world." - Gen. Shingar
Gen_Shingar

Postby Obi-Wan Skywalker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:39 am

To the tune of Ebay by weird al. They had it on Ebay. I am the typ...
Quoting Firespray
There is no Ace, The Ace is a lie.

My flickr... http://www.flickr.com/photos/42848399@N03/
Obi-Wan Skywalker

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:57 am

As for number three, save yourself the headache and look into the decals Kam has done. Creating flat art for a curved surface is quite tricky and he's got lots of colour options available.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby filo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:37 pm

As far as parts, Bricklink comes to mind most promptly.
RIP, Good Doctor. We shall miss you dearly.
“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
filo

Return to Custom Minifigs