Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Trek Prototypes

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

Star Trek Prototypes

Postby Kaminoan » Thu May 14, 2009 7:36 am

Well here are some figures I have been working on. Just touching up the designs now, but I thought I would share the crew with you guys. Please know the picture was taken with a CAMERA PHONE, but I think it is good enough for the prototypes.

Kirk, Kirk, Spock, Bones, Nero, Scotty, Sulu, Uhura, Chekov

Large image can be seen by following the link.

The final set will feature the Red Shirt security guard Ensign Cupcake and Nurse Chappell.

Enjoy

Kaminoan
Kaminoan

Re: Star Trek Prototypes

Postby Mister Ed » Thu May 14, 2009 8:00 am

Those look pretty good except Spock looks like a woman, and Uhura is bald. But they ARE only prototypes.
Mister Ed

Postby Kaminoan » Thu May 14, 2009 8:09 am

Spock is getting a hair cut.

Uhura has this hair piece now painted black:

Designs have been tweaked and I hope to put together the finals shortly.

Kam
Kaminoan

Postby Flynn » Thu May 14, 2009 9:10 am

I assume these are based on the newer movie rather than TOS?

Either way, they look really good, except that I'm almost positive Chekov has black hair rather than light brown...
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Kaminoan » Thu May 14, 2009 9:18 am

It is brown, but the color is one that is hard to match with LEGO. I think the curls make it hard to judge the color. I debated between the Dark Orange and the regular brown. Check the photo here, he is the first person from the left.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/ ... _popup.jpg

Kam
Kaminoan

Postby Galagoo » Thu May 14, 2009 11:21 am

All of them look brilliant so far - and very recognizable.

However, I'd say Nero is looking a bit too human, a bit too smooth-faced. How about some texture (something stubble-like, perhaps?) to make the face more "rougher"?
Galagoo

Postby Kaminoan » Thu May 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Nero has already had an extension on his face. I printed an old version here. He has his cheek tats in the new version. Currently he has a stubble goat, but I could increase this to give him a stubble beard. The forehead is a bit tough to do too much and Romulans are very humanoid. Remember they are basically vulcans and all he has done is shave his head for the morning tats (traditional to his race - read the comic).

Thanks for the input. Will see if I can dirty him up a bit with some just plain ole dirty spots.

K
Kaminoan

Return to Custom Minifigs