Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Commander Gree Phase I

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

Commander Gree Phase I

Postby lordvader208 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Alright! So here is my 5th custom clone MOC, and this time it's Commander Gree. He is made with just sharpie (black and green), so there are no decals on this minifig. This is the first time I've done a custom fig in 100% sharpie and I must say that it doesn't look great compared to paint, nor is it easier. The problem with the sharpie is that the color is not 100% opaque, so there are dark spots and there are light spots where the sharpie has been applied. Once I can get my hands on some green acrylic, I will probably paint over the sharpie marks. Nonetheless, here it is:

Other pictures can be found here:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/103793

Of course, I understand the color is off because the green on this one is too dark compared to the Gree in the cartoons.
lordvader208

Re: Commander Gree Phase I

Postby Flynn » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Your sharpie-ing is very clean and precise, you did a very nice job.

I absolutely agree with you about sharpies, and it's a major problem with all the colors except black. My other complaint is that they will fade eventually, and depending on how well it was applied, may need to be re-applied constantly.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Re: Commander Gree Phase I

Postby starwarslegoguru » Fri May 01, 2009 5:29 pm

Very nice, maybe a lil' cleanup around the edges, and perhaps a few waist capes or whatnot? XD
starwarslegoguru

Return to Custom Minifigs