Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[STAR WARS] Clone Wars AT-RT

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[STAR WARS] Clone Wars AT-RT

Postby Larry Lars » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:29 pm

This walker share some basic ideas with the one I built before so I'm not sure if this is an update or a complete redo. Well, a lot has changed so I guess it's a totally new one after all.
This one is slightly bigger and have more color and detail.

More pics at my Flickr
The previous version for comparison.

Let me know what you think.
Last edited by Larry Lars on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Larry Lars

Re: Clone Wars AT-RT

Postby Jettbacca » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Wow :shock: . This is freakin' amazing! It is way cooler looking than the actual and way more realistic. Nice job :mrgreen:
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:43 pm

This is one of the best representations of an AT-RT that I've ever seen. Your approach to the feet is great, and the minimal styling of the cockpit/body is well done too. Also, thanks for posting the breakdown pictures.
Jake

Postby Firespray » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Aye this is one of the best AT-RTs I've seen, the leg assembly is great. And thanks for the breakdown pics too, might attempt to make one myself sometime :D
Firespray

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Very nice indeed. The AT-RT is a tough model to build accurately in minifig scale, but you've got a near flawelss model here!

Don't ever stop building Star Wars MOCs. 8-)
Jay

Postby Flynn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:17 pm

As always, this is utterly fantastic. You constantly amaze me with everything you do, and your fantastic ability to build such nimble little things is awe-inspiring. Great, great work.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby BloodMaster » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:53 pm

Utterly amazing.

This is one of the best AT-RTs I've ever seen. As always, your work is amazing. ;)
BloodMaster

Postby Teekay » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Larry Lars continues to wow us with his building ability. This one is just as awesome as all your others. Keep up the good work, Larry Lars!
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Re: [STAR WARS] Clone Wars AT-RT

Postby OOM-9 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:23 am

Very good Larry Lars. I really like the way you made the legs, very detailed. :)
OOM-9

Postby roguebantha » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:40 pm

Don't you hate it when you want to say something like 'Wow, great model!' but a bit more eloquently?
This is one of those times and my in-built thesaurous is currently unavailable.
roguebantha

Postby BigBenKenobi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:52 pm

I like it. It's much more movie accurate than the one lego made back in 2005. I mean, the one lego produced was way out of proportion while your MOC seems to depict the walker rather well.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:08 am

You have a nasty habit of outdoing yourself. Awesome work, my friend. I love how the pilot is positioned, the way he sits. Also, the configuration of the pieces is very creatively acheived. The legs are especially well done, and I like the feet too. Well done with using the screwdriver, I think that piece has alot of unexplored potential. I used it as the guns on my Batpod.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Larry Lars » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:00 am

Thanks for the comments and compliments guys. Much appreciated.

Jedd the Jedi wrote: I love how the pilot is positioned, the way he sits. Also, the configuration of the pieces is very creatively acheived.

I'm glad you noticed that detail. I've experimented a lot with positions of minifigs as a way of capturing movement and to try avoiding the ridicoulus minifig sitting position. And I really enjoy building small by discover odd ways of conecting pieces.

The feet was tricky to get right on this walker. I think this is the third or fourth rendition of the feet for this MOC.
Larry Lars

Postby Heady » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:32 am

Nice job, Larry Lars! This walker is utterly fantastic! The legs really look better than anything LEGO has come up with in the past few years! :)
I used to be known as H3D1
Heady

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase