Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Vantive IV, Corellian Corvette, Rebel Blockade Runner

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Vantive IV, Corellian Corvette, Rebel Blockade Runner

Postby sparkart » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:03 pm

She must've hidden the vans in the escape pod. by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

There'll be no escape for the princess this time. by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Honestly? I'm not a fan of the Blockade Runner. I know it's important, it's the first Star Wars ship ever seen on screen, and it was supposed to be Han Solo's ship, but it looks like a hodgepodge of parts, and not really "designed". But maybe that's what McQuarrie was going after, sticking a bunch of engines to the bare minimum of a ship to invoke speed, like a dragster or hot-rod?

This was my original entry into the Star Warsify the Mini Camper Van Contest, but after being inspired by other entries, I thought a character-inspired build would be more interesting and built Darth VWader. When I critically look at the Vantive IV, it just looks like the van was inserted into a Tantive IV build, but in truth, the build started with the camper van.
sparkart

Re: [SW] Vantive IV, Corellian Corvette, Rebel Blockade Runn

Postby onions » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:36 am

i think i prefer this to your vwader entry. though i liked that one too. if you took the van out you'd have a great tantive iv moc. was this already built but you just modified it to include the van or built completely new?
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: [SW] Vantive IV, Corellian Corvette, Rebel Blockade Runn

Postby sparkart » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:43 pm

It started with the Van. I liked Don's X-Wing Van, how the colors worked, so I looked for a ship with red markings. I had made a mini Tantive IV for the Star Wars Days Group build, so the Correllian Corvette was still relatively fresh in memory.

I'll probably keep this with the van in it, rather than take the van out, unless there's some occasion to contribute more straight-laced Star Wars MOCs for display. Thanks for checking it out.
sparkart

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase