Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Bossk's starship - The Dosha Osprey

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Bossk's starship - The Dosha Osprey

Postby suboken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:58 pm

This MOC is a starship for the bounty hunter, Bossk, a featured character from The Empire Strikes Back, as well as the Clone Wars animated series.

The Dosha Osprey by The Suboken LEGO Projects, on Flickr

This is my second MOC.

After putting the finishing touches on my version of the Moldy Crow, I decided to build another "rogue" starship to add to my bounty hunter collection. To give Boba Fett a run for his money, rival bounty hunter, Bossk, needed a comparable craft to compete against Slave 1.

While searching around the outer-webs to see what the official Bossk starship looked like, I decided to try my hand at an original design instead. My wife was searching BlickLink for some new minifigs to add to the collection, and she pointed me towards the Indiana Jones Flying Wing set. After pouring over the instructions, we started picking out featured pieces for me to build around. At the same time, I was playing with the idea of building a modified version of the "Rogue Shadow" from the Star Wars video game, The Force Unleashed. But, someone beat me to the punch in building a symmetrical version of that starfighter. I had already built the engines from the Rogue Shadow, and thought it would be fun to somehow work them into the Flying Wing build. After a couple days of playing around with the design, viola, Bossk's starship, The Dosha Osprey, came together!

Here comes the story...

The Dosha Osprey was a modified Trandoshan heavy starfighter originally flown by Bossk's father, Cradossk. When Bossk killed Cradossk in a attempted power grab for leadership of the Trandoshan Bounty Hunter Guild, he assumed ownership of The Dosha Osprey. But, after a serious defeat while hunting a famous high profile Wookie target, the starship was destroyed. Bossk then acquired his more popularly known Hound's Tooth, a starship that would prove to be too crazy a design for me to try and build with LEGO bricks! :P

Thanks for stopping by, and again, feel free to leave comments.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26529529@N04/sets/72157633904779337/

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/65723
suboken

Re: [SW] Bossk's starship - The Dosha Osprey

Postby naugem » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Pretty ship, very nice shape. I guess it could have entered the Bounty Hunter Ship Contest (if it happens this year).
naugem

Postby suboken » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:53 pm

Thank you. I'm glad you like it.
suboken

Postby Ris Liam » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Another nice MOC. I like the toroidal (engine bay?) in the rear and choice of colors.
Ris Liam

Postby daevster » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:20 am

Very interesting design; it boasts a fairly unique look, yet it feels like it belongs in the SW universe! Loving those action shots! Plus, who doesn't love a little more Bossk?
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby Rook » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Very cool, not sure I'd seen this on Flickr or not. :thumbsup:
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase