Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW]SA-1 Awing Interceptor (a post Endor concept)

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW]SA-1 Awing Interceptor (a post Endor concept)

Postby Ris Liam » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:11 pm

With this MOC I imagined a post Battle of Endor new Jedi Starfighter. Incom takes the Awing and produces a new addition for the fledgling Jedi Council, with upgraded weapons (including recessed ion cannons), more powerful engines (Novaldex M-35 "Singularity" engines), better shields, an expanded cargo slot, and an Astromech slot. An Astromech would prove useful when a Jedi is on a mission; the Astromech can make light repairs and access other world computer systems.

I combined parts and stickers from the last two Awing sets Lego made along with some other components. I will probably end up replacing R4-P44 with R4-P17 from the new planet set released by Lego so the color scheme matches. More pictures can be seen here: (sorry for the photo quality on some pics - still learning!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20140423@N06/sets/72157633273194192/
Last edited by Ris Liam on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ris Liam

Re: SA-1 Awing Interceptor (a post Endor concept)

Postby Daiman » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Commented on your Flickr but every post warrants at least one reply...

Fantastic like I mentioned but the base could be worked on a little more as such an awesome build deserves.
The tools are displayed in the manner of a bought set but I think the star wars universe would offer a different solution and the droid hoist could lose the stack of rounds which look like a time saver to me. Maybe something unmanned at the control side but helped at the insertion point by a humanoid.
Beside all that the ship itself is perfect.
Daiman

Re: [SW]SA-1 Awing Interceptor (a post Endor concept)

Postby Ris Liam » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks for the comments and feedback. Yeah, that tool bar looks a little tacked on and could use an update. As far as the droid hoist, it started off as a robotic repair arm to hold pieces of the ship in place as it was being fixed (such as a new engine nozzle or rudder) after battle damage. I then added a piece to the claw end to grab onto the droid. A small project for the future would be to do as you suggested. I could watch the scenes from SW EP IV or other movies and pay attention to how the droids are being dropped into place and base something off that design.
Ris Liam

Re: [SW]SA-1 Awing Interceptor (a post Endor concept)

Postby suboken » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Tough looking fighter. I think this would have been a more appropriate prequel design that could have replaced the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class jedi starfighter. Nice work.

Once I learned about Bricklink, I accepted applying stickers to LEGO sets. I still prefer a more conservative approach though, but they do add a nice touch to the models.
suboken

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase