Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[CUUSOO] My Neighbour Totoro

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[CUUSOO] My Neighbour Totoro

Postby J. Israelsson » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi,

I have finally built my first MOC. And that is on the theme of Hayao Miyazaki's beautiful film My Neighbour Totoro. I started out in LDD but have at last bought all the pieces needed to build it in physical form. The large Totoro (Oh-Totoro) is built to approximately minifigure scale where I plan to include both Satsuke and Mei (the two sisters) as minifigures. I have plans to make a small scene maybe based on the film poster image but maybe also containing the two smaller Totoros (Chuu-Totoro and Chibi-Totoro) but those are harder to get good due to their smaller size. I also plan to build multiple versions of Oh-Totoro in different poses. And maybe trying to make it a bit articulate where you could move the ears, feet and tail perhaps. A lot of thing to keep on experimenting with. But I will certainly appreciate your feedback on my first prototype so here comes the images:

Thanks to sherrycayheyhey for her LEO ball tutorial (http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Lego-Ball/).

And previously in a ruse of hubris I also submitted my project as a LEGO CUUSOO project. So if you like it please consider voting for it: LEGO CUUSOO My Neighbour Totoro

Regards,

Johan Israelsson
J. Israelsson

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase