Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] BTL-A4 Y-wing

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] BTL-A4 Y-wing

Postby Brickwright » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 am

I haven't been here in a while, but I finished something recently that is one of my favorite builds ever.

I wanted to get something as accurate as I could possibly get, and also something to go with Mike Psiaki's famous X-wing. It uses a limited color palette, because sometimes too many colors on the greeblies gets a little overwhelming, visually. It's based mostly on the film appearances and studio-scale replicas (Master Replicas and fanmade ones). It is a little difficult getting consistent sources because the proportions, detail, and shaping varies from model to model. Even the films themselves seem to be internally inconsistent with regard to cockpit shape, arm width, and gun size. I'm most happy with the cockpit/head area, which was based on some previous builder's breakthroughs of using a particular wedge. Flail's Y-wing was also an inspiration in general, and for the ring around the steering vains. It seats a minifig, but it is very snug.

Front
Whole Set

Thanks for your time.
Brickwright
Brickwright

Re: [SW] BTL-A4 Y-wing

Postby neim343 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:37 am

Looks great man!
neim343

Postby sparkart » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Just BEAUTIFUL.
sparkart

Postby Solo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:32 am

That is a very nice Y-Wing. Really good shaping on the main fuselage.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase