Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

An Elegant Weapon For A More Civilized Age

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

An Elegant Weapon For A More Civilized Age

Postby Staff » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:12 pm

LEGO Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber

Another Monday, another metric tonne of neat stuff to post. It's hard to resist the urge to spam everyone into oblivion, but some things are just to good to resist. This replica of Luke Skywalker's lightsaber by the always busy (where do you people find all this time to build??) Bruce Lowell comes complete with a full blade comprised of 300+ 3x3 dishes. Well played Bruce! When I was building 1:1 scale lightsabers a couple years ago, I tested out the 2x4 half cylanders topped with a 4x4 dome and it worked pretty well. Well enough that I purchased enough in trans-blue (the pic I have of the expperiment was a fugly rainbow) and played around with the idea of running a rope light through it, but the purist in me won out again. This dish technique gives the edge a fuzzy look that really adds something in pictures. Bet it wasn't cheap though.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/03/11/an-elegant-weapon-for-a-more-civilized-age/
Staff

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase