Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[STAR WARS] Republic Frigate

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[STAR WARS] Republic Frigate

Postby roguebantha » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:09 pm

I put this up on flickr a few days ago but in case you missed it, here it is :D
The Clone Wars just keeps on giving inspiration!
roguebantha

Re: Republic Frigate

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Excellent, simply excellent. Amazingly accurate, and it looks so good. I like the landing gear too, very nice.
Jake

Postby Firespray » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:33 pm

Yep saw this on Flickr and geeked out hard :shock: Just the detail on it is amazing.
Firespray

Postby Turkguy19 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Saw this on Flickr the other day and thought it was a full sized ship. Then I clicked it, and was pleasantly surprised. A lot of great detail in a small MOC.
Turkguy19

Postby FirstCircle » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:29 pm

I've been eyeing this from the link on the old FBTB. It's detailed and small, nice. It also has studs, so it looks like LEGO. I like judicious use of SNOT, but completely smooth models can get a little old. Great use of tiles for the pattern on the back of the ship.

Looks like you took LEGO's riff (like the angled plates for the "body") and cranked it up several notches.

This is an excellent model. I can't really knock anything about it. Absolutely love the rounded underbelly of the front fuselage.
My BrickLink store, Jabberwocky's Emporium.
FirstCircle

Re: [STAR WARS] Republic Frigate

Postby Teekay » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:12 pm

Now, this is pretty cool. Aw, who am I kidding? This is awesome! The cockpit is incredibly constructed, it immediatly caught my eye, not just because it was in front.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Schweet. Lego can eat your dust after that poorly-made "official" version they released. You've used a myriad of remarkable building solutions and some of the coolest greebling I've seen in a while.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Blackninjatom » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Wow love the new site, and the frigate is terrific as well. Everything is spot on, definitely another awesome "mini."
Blackninjatom

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Now, you really did a nice job on this one :D . I really love the detailing you put into your MOC...it must have taken a long time to put together, but by the reactions of everyone, I'd say it was well worth it.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase