Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[PODRACER] The Kraut

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[PODRACER] The Kraut

Postby Cali » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:15 pm

Oh boy. Well here what I built for the contest. Calling it The Kraut because it makes me think of German WW2 engineering and how they where always messing around with new ideas (of course, that's one of the reasons they lost). It was fun building it, so I don't really care if I don't win, just this was super fun to do, as I've always wanted to build a podracer, but just never had a reason too. So, without further crap for you to read, I present the 17-Krautshöver (called The Kraut for short).

Picture is link to set on Flickr.

Thanks for looking.
Cali

Re: [PODRACER] The Kraut

Postby Galagoo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:12 pm

Hey, that's a cool concept. One of the coolest in my opinion (I am a sort of a WWII geek, though.. ;)).

It does looks pretty WWII-ish, and the design is nice. The pod is neatly constucted, and the propellers are a neat addition. Good job, I'd say.
Galagoo

Postby Cali » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:11 pm

Thanks, Galagoo!
Cali

Postby Larry Lars » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:20 pm

I like it. You've managed to achieve the look the racers had in the movie. Really beaten up, wrecked and put together again and again. The WWII concept is a good idea that makes it closer to the original racers in spirit than some of the more shiny and smooth ones in the contest.
Larry Lars

Postby Cali » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Thanks Larry, it means alot to me to have some one as experienced as you give good feedback on it. :)
Cali

Postby Sci » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:06 pm

I love this pod!

Excellent blend of colors and shape!

I really, really like the Messerschmidt influence and the gritty, robust look of the engines, especially.

The aircraft type fuselage for the cockpit is great, too.

Very nicely done!
Sci

Postby Cali » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:56 pm

Thanks, Sci. When I was starting this, I had no idea what kind of theme it would have. Some how the German WW2 thing just happened.
Cali

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase