Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Space] Classic Space display

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Space] Classic Space display

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 am

Last Sunday, November 4th, me and a four other QuéLUG members put together a LEGO display for The Montreal ToyCon, a fair for vintage/collectable toys sellers held twice a year in Montreal.

My contribution was a LEGO Classic Space themed display :

Link to the Picasa gallery

Also, a fellow member, Marc-André Fortin, was kind enough to take picture of my display and put it all together in a video. It also includes a time-lapse video of me taking my display apart after the show :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nve8rNuI5aY

Comments, praises (I like those), questions or suggestions are welcome!
Daz Hoo

Re: [Space] Classic Space display

Postby UOldPirate » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:27 am

Awesome CS display. I love how you have a mix of the original sets combined with the reworked / modernized versions. The All-Terrain Vehicle is one of my favorites and the updated look is great. It looks a lot beefier, plus the new trans-orange and trans-green really pop. The Beta I looks a lot better enclosed. I'm totally jealous of your Ground Tracking Station, not only is it crossing crater plates on that sweet bridge, but it has both trans-clear radar dishes. Very nice work!
UOldPirate

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks for the comments!

Although I must admit that one of the trans-clear radar dish on the Ground Tracking Station is damaged. It's missing the handle, but I positionned it in a way that visitors did not notice (nor does it show clearly in the pictures).
Daz Hoo

Postby boomers » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:37 pm

I wish I had heard about this show, I grew up with the late 70's, early 80's space sets. I still have a few of those parts mixed in my old box of LEGO. IMO these are the sets which made LEGO who they are today.
boomers

Postby dWhisper » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:02 am

Surprisingly, I never got into Classic Space as a kid, but seeing things like these always makes me wish I did. Or at least that I would go back and start collecting them as an adult...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby UOldPirate » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 pm

I forgot to ask in my previous post, but is the train and shuttle / gantry yours as well?
UOldPirate

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:44 am

dWhisper wrote:Surprisingly, I never got into Classic Space as a kid, but seeing things like these always makes me wish I did. Or at least that I would go back and start collecting them as an adult...

I was all about Classic Space when I was a kid, but there were tons of sets I didn't get back then (darn you G.I.Joes and Transformers!).

But in the late years, thanks to LEGO re-re-remaking and/or re-re-releasing a lot of Star Wars vehicles I already owned, my LEGO budget went from that to, instead, buying Classic Space sets I've missed when I was young. That process was helped along by a lot of my fellow QuéLUG members who helped me out in acquiring those sets at lower cost.

UOldPirate wrote:I forgot to ask in my previous post, but is the train and shuttle / gantry yours as well?

Yeah, from the end of the display up to the launch pad with the shuttle, that's all mine (in fact, all of the Classic Space stuff in the pcitures is mine). 2 1/2 tables of Classic Space sets and theme related MOCs!
Daz Hoo

Postby UOldPirate » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Daz Hoo wrote:....
UOldPirate wrote:I forgot to ask in my previous post, but is the train and shuttle / gantry yours as well?
Yeah, from the end of the display up to the launch pad with the shuttle, that's all mine (in fact, all of the Classic Space stuff in the pcitures is mine). 2 1/2 tables of Classic Space sets and theme related MOCs!

Well that is certainly a very impressive collection. I love how sleek the shuttle looks, there is some very nice SNOT work happening there. If you have any additional pics of the shuttle and gantry complex, I hope you'll post them as well. Again, very nice work!
UOldPirate

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase