Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

better scale at-rt

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

better scale at-rt

Postby Darth Jordan » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:15 am

heres my go at this little walker...
really wanted to make the scale better, with use of indiana jones motor bike as a starting point..
your comments really welcome..
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=167101
Darth Jordan

Re: better scale at-rt

Postby Old Republic » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:31 am

Very nice and very simple. I'm guessing you don't have the technic angle connectors in grey? The black is very distracting but maybe can't be helped. Is the 'heel' joint just one of these stuck into one of these? I think I'd try some cheese graters on the sides of the feet instead or perhaps some 1x3 curved slopes?

Trevor
Old Republic

Re: better scale at-rt

Postby Galagoo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:43 am

Apart from the multi-colourness, I think it's really neat. The design looks rather sturdy yet cool, and the scale's very accurate. The studs visible - which do stand out from the otherwise pretty sleek build - look okay to me, too.
If the green, brown and black bricks could be replaced with grey ones, it would look great.

The design does have some inaccuracies, though, like the unclawed feet and the far-streching rear, but I wouldn't count them as severe problems. After all, the latter is pretty much inevitable, since you used the motor bike as basis.
Nice job integraring the motor bike body to the structure, by the way. It's looking solid and good.
Galagoo

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase