Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Super Heroes] The Knight of Ra

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Super Heroes] The Knight of Ra

Postby Master Beef » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 pm

After Ra's al Ghul's latest trip to the Sahara Lazarus Pit Spa and Resort for the Mortally Wounded and Sick, he had a mental breakdown of sorts (caused by the pit) in which he not only maniacally laughed as usual, but spoke some nonsense as well. Ra's al Ghul's servant, Ubu, discarded everything Ra's said about mullets and sandwiches, but still couldn't shake one thing: Ra's wanted Ubu to build a mech. Now Ubu is portrayed as the strong/silent type who calls everyone infidels in the cartoons, but what many do not know is that Ubu graduated from Cal Tech University with a Doctorate in Biomechanical Engineering! In short, Ubu built and built and built some more until he finished an enormous mech which he named "The Knight of Ra."

Here are some alternate pictures that weren't featured in my contest entry post.

The Knight of Ra by Master Beef (with fries), on Flickr

The Knight of Ra by Master Beef (with fries), on Flickr

The Knight of Ra - Cockpit by Master Beef (with fries), on Flickr
I thought that the computer screen piece was perfect for a "Secret Crisis" related mech.

Lazarus Pit External Vat by Master Beef (with fries), on Flickr
When you lift up the hinged cockpit, the external vat holding the lazarus pit becomes visible.

Lazarus Pit - Light Brick Function by Master Beef (with fries), on Flickr
The internal vat is what actually contains the lazarus pit. I incorporated a light brick function which lights up the "liquid" when you press down on the top of the vat. Sorry for the glare! Really couldn't get around it...

Lazarus Pit Rifle by Master Beef (with fries), on Flickr
And finally, the rifle, which shoots a semi-concentrated stream of toxic lazarus pit chemicals.

Thanks for looking! There are A LOT more pictures on MOCpages if you haven't taken a look already!

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/341915
Master Beef

Re: [Super Heroes] The Knight of Ra

Postby sparkart » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:13 pm

An amazing machine! I can see if being feared in many universes or being a heroic defender, too.
sparkart

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:21 pm

If only you had made a hero mech, I'd feel a lot better about my chances of placing. ;)
Mister Ed

Postby DocBlock » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Wow that's a monster.

Great work.
DocBlock

Postby Igginz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:51 pm

are all the joints on that huge machine little ball joints? how is it vertical?
Igginz

Postby Master Beef » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:40 am

Yes, they are all ball joints. And how is it vertical? I sold my soul...

Anyway, it took me a good ten minutes just to position everything so that the ball joints wouldn't collapse under the mech's weight!
Master Beef

Postby Igginz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Master Beef wrote:Yes, they are all ball joints. And how is it vertical? I sold my soul...

Anyway, it took me a good ten minutes just to position everything so that the ball joints wouldn't collapse under the mech's weight!

That's not a good thing. Your model is cool, but knowing it would collapse if blown on affects the badass quotient pretty severely. Maybe that's just me though.
Igginz

Postby Master Beef » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Yeah, I guess so. Although, at this scale, it's just hard to make ANYTHING with two legs stand upright. In the future I'll probably try to fix the stability/weight issues so I can do some really cool poses. I'll be sure to post pics if I do.
Master Beef

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase