Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Musicals] God, that's Good!

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Musicals] God, that's Good!

Postby Flynn » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Ladies and gentlemen! May I have your attention, please?
Are your nostrils a-quivering, tingling as well,
At that delicate, lucious, ambrosial smell?
Yes, they are I can tell! Well, Ladies and gentlemen,
That aroma enriching the breeze
Is like nothing compared to its succulent source,
As the gourmets among you will tell you of course!
Ladies and gentlemen, you can't imagine the rapture in store- Just inside of this door!

There, you'll sample Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies, savory and sweet pies, as you'll see.
You who eat pies, Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies, conjure up the treat pies used to be!
-Over here, boy how about some ale?
-Can we some sevice, waiter?
-What about that pie, boy?
Laides and Gentelmen!
-Toby! -Coming! 'scuse me! -Ale there! -Right mum! -Quick now!
God that's Good!

After my not-so-subtle hint in my last MOC, I decided to finally put the almost-finishing touches on this peice and present it. This has been around for a while now, the original being on MOCPages and Brickshelf, but I've made a lot of improvements since then, the most notable being the tiling of the pie shop, the updating of flesh figures, and a slightly more advanced barber's chair mechanism, which will now open the trapdoor as well. Right now this is only about 90% finished, as I still need to add in the palor room.

This is based on the 1982 Touring Production of the Stephen Sondheim/Hugh Wheeler musical Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, starring Angela Lansbury and George Hearn. I took careful measure to try and make the main figures look as much as their real life counterparts as possible, which (Hopefully) shows in this pic of the entire cast together.

I have tons of video footage of the barber chair's mechanism, which will make it onto Flickr soon, I just need to find where it is on my computer.

Flickr set here

EDIT: Oh, by the way, here's a clip of the song being performed at the '82 production, if anyone wants to look at it for comparison's sake.
Last edited by Flynn on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Re: [Musicals] God, that's Good!

Postby SkwerlJones » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:50 pm

I like the idea of putting the bakery and barber shop together in a sort of play-house type set. It's small and compact, but it allows you to create many scenes from the play/movie. I think the barber shop would benefit from just a few more details, however. Right now there is just the infamous chair, a bench, a stool, and a box. Maybe you could add a desk with various hair products or just a mirror.

Everything else is allgood, especially the wide assortment of spot-on minifigures. Are there any new details under the roof, like an improved oven of sorts?
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby Flynn » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:31 pm

You know, I was going to show you a reference picture of the actual Pie shop from the stage production, but I can't seem to find a single picture of it. Grrr...

Anyway, since this is based from that, those parts of the shop are accurate- Although I think I actually based the looks of it off of what it looked like during "Epiphany" rather than "Johanna", so it might need a little sprucing up (Gillyflowers, maybe).

And yes, a large, foreboding oven is on the way, as well as a harmonium and couch for the now-empty room behind the shop.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Flynn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:27 pm

Sorry to bump this so much, but does anyone have anything else they'd like to add? I'd really like some constructive critisicm here so I can at least work on becoming a better builder.

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Galagoo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Well, I'm not good at building buildings so there's little I could add, but if you want to improve in building, you could always try to build a spiral staircase to replace the current stairs. They look okay, but they're of somewhat simple design. A spiral staircase would present a nice building challenge and look good and classy if successful.

You could always add some detailing and detritus, too, for especially the barber shop is looking slightly plain at the moment. On the other hand, the plainness also somehow makes it look like a scenery in a play, so..
Galagoo

Postby Flynn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Well, as far as the staircase and Barber shop goes, as I said before, I based this off an actual production, so they're meant to look that way. If you watch this clip, you'll see what I mean. Nevertheless, the staircase probably still needs some work. I think what I'd like to do sometime is create an exterior for the shop, not based on the Burton one, so that I could have a little freedom with choosing what goes where and how it's styled. However, since I primarily model buildings in grey, it'd be practically impossible to do since all my greys are being used up in remodeling the GB firehouse. Who knows, though, maybe after I'm through with that...

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase