Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

My Simple AT-RT Customs

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

My Simple AT-RT Customs

Postby Sarge » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:14 am

First, it's my first post! I have been peeking here for a few months.

I have been collecting for a little while now and wanted some AT-RT's. I didn't want to pay that much to get them online, and when I looked at the scale it was so far off it drove me crazy. They are supposed to only be 3 meters high. So I wanted it small and sleek, especially looking at how thin they are in the Clone Wars series. After many attempts I decided on these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36786504@N03/

They are incredibly simple, yet effective. As you can see a good number of the parts are out of the Clone troop pack so they are easily mass producable.

I hope you enjoy!
Sarge

Re: My Simple AT-RT Customs

Postby darth jason » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:36 am

Those are pretty cool looking little AT-RT's. Very simple and stylized. I like the fact you used parts mostly from the battle pack.Which is cool because it is to scale with the "piggy back" Clone walker. I like these.

I had gotten into lego when this set went out of production. They're a little to expensive for me to get on the after market so I understand where your coming from. Im pretty new here too, so welcome aboard!
darth jason

Postby The Brain » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:34 pm

These are very kewl--not especially detailed, but very nice. I think I'll make a couple. Love the better size ratio. The laser cannons may be a tad too long, but that's not a big deal.

Since you're new, I'll give you a tip--whenever you want to post a custom anything that you've made, it should go under the MOC forums. Just a heads up. :p

Also, welcome to FBTB. Please observe the locations of the emergency exits. If you are unable to operate an exit in case of emergency, please switch seats with someone who can. Thank you. :D
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby SkwerlJones » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:09 pm

They do have their own stylized sense of quirky coolness.

Since your new, I do have to remind you to dump your sanity in the blue bin by the entrance. Donsolo and Lights like to consume them, preferably under candlelight.
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase